Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rebuilding an engine

Lao Tzu

Is this a good investment? most of the estimates i've seen say it will be around $3k to rebuild, but that it will add 40-60k miles to my truck. I might have my engine rebuilt in 5 years in order to get another 5 years out of my truck, rather than buy another car 5 years from now.

Anyone done it, would you recommend it?

What about resale value, how much does it go up with a rebuilt engine.

IMO, I don't think it's a good 'investment' if that is the main reason you are wanting to do it. The value of the truck certainly won't go up by the $3,000 you spend on it.

Unless it's a classic or you restore cars for a hobby, spending money on cars is a poor investment. If on the other hand the truck will stop soon if the engine doesn't get a rebuild and you don't have the money to buy a decent truck that's another story.

Put it this way, you invest that $3,000 today in a managed fund and get 10% per annum for 5 years you'll have close to $5,000 in 5 years to spend on a new truck.

by investment, i mean an extra 50k miles on my car.

If i can get 170k miles out of my truckinstead of 120, i can drive it for 5 years more than i would be able to w/o a rebuilt engine (and supposedly the resale price goes up, netting a few hundred $$).

Is spending $3k to get 50k more miles out of a car worth it is what i meant by investment.

and, is an extra 50k miles realistic for a professionally rebuilt engine.

EVEN THOUGH I DONT LIKE YOU I WILL ENLIGHTEN YOU ON THIS ISSUE.

IF YOU SPEND 3K TO GET A USED ENGINE REBUILT, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BEND OVER AND SPREAD THE KY JELLY ON YOUR ASS CUZ YOU WILL BE GETTING FUCKED.

I HAVE REBUILT MANY MOTORS (I USED TO RACE MUSTANGS) ON ABOUT 3 OR 4 OF MY CARS. I DID IT FOR UNDER 1K DEPENDING ON WHAT PARTS I WAS ADDING. IF I WAS ADDING MORE PERFORMANCE THEN OBVIOUSLY THE PRICE WENT UP. HOWEVER, I DID THE WORK WITH MY RACING FRIENDS. NO LABOR COSTS.

WHAT KIND OF TRUCK DO YOU HAVE? THE TRUCK RUNS ON MORE THAN JUST THE ENGINE. WHEN YOU GO OVER 100K MILES, OTHER SHIT STARTS BREAKING AS WELL. YOU'LL BE REPLACING ALL KINDS OF SHIT. GET RID OF THE TRUCK AND STOP BEING A CHEAP BASTARD. BY SOMETHING ELSE.

KAYNE

KAYNE said:
EVEN THOUGH I DONT LIKE YOU I WILL ENLIGHTEN YOU ON THIS ISSUE.

IF YOU SPEND 3K TO GET A USED ENGINE REBUILT, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BEND OVER AND SPREAD THE KY JELLY ON YOUR ASS CUZ YOU WILL BE GETTING FUCKED.

I HAVE REBUILT MANY MOTORS (I USED TO RACE MUSTANGS) ON ABOUT 3 OR 4 OF MY CARS. I DID IT FOR UNDER 1K DEPENDING ON WHAT PARTS I WAS ADDING. IF I WAS ADDING MORE PERFORMANCE THEN OBVIOUSLY THE PRICE WENT UP. HOWEVER, I DID THE WORK WITH MY RACING FRIENDS. NO LABOR COSTS.

WHAT KIND OF TRUCK DO YOU HAVE? THE TRUCK RUNS ON MORE THAN JUST THE ENGINE. WHEN YOU GO OVER 100K MILES, OTHER SHIT STARTS BREAKING AS WELL. YOU'LL BE REPLACING ALL KINDS OF SHIT. GET RID OF THE TRUCK AND STOP BEING A CHEAP BASTARD. BY SOMETHING ELSE.

KAYNE

DAMN KAYNE!

Showing your soft side, are we?

XBIKER

I SEE YOU POSTED A PIC OF SHEPERD'S. YOU MUST LIVE IN TAMPA. WHY DID YOU TELL ME YOU WERE FROM THE NEW ORLEANS CITY AREA?

I WAS AT SHEPERD'S IN APRIL...HAD A GOOD OLD TIME THERE AND AT THE DOLL HOUSE. OH YEAH, AND YBOR CITY.

KAYNE

KAYNE said:
WHEN YOU GO OVER 100K MILES, OTHER SHIT STARTS BREAKING AS WELL. YOU'LL BE REPLACING ALL KINDS OF SHIT.

I think that is a key point. It's not just the engine that gets old and worn out on a vehicle.

Joker

Top Bottom