Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rate your life right now between 1 and 10

you think that is the key to happiness? Many of my married friends with kids would tell you otherwise.

Typically my life is at a solid 10, I've done more and accomplished more than I really ever expected to, everything at this point feels like a bonus.

I don't give myself a 10 now because I recently moved and am dealing with moving in, home repairs, and my GF moving in with me. More challenges than I had originally anticipated so it throws me off my game from time to time, but life is still really good, far better than average.

I don't think a marriage with kids is the only key to happiness but your friends sound like terrible parents or stuck in a bad relationship. Maybe I'm taking your post wrong but there's really nothing else imo if you've got healthy kids and a good wife.

I don't think a marriage with kids is the only key to happiness but your friends sound like terrible parents or stuck in a bad relationship. Maybe I'm taking your post wrong but there's really nothing else imo if you've got healthy kids and a good wife.

People can definitely get stuck in situations that make them unhappy, sometimes of their doing and choice, and sometimes because of things out of their control.

For me personally, finding a "wife" was never a priority for me. I enjoy being in a relationship and having a partner in life, a close confidant, but I also live in California and the communal property laws here scare me. If I was looking for a wife, I would be looking at their assets and income, because if they were not close to mine, I would be putting my own assets and income at risk due to state laws.

If there was no financial consideration involved, sure I have no problem getting married, but its never been a goal.

Kids was a tough one for me, I always thought that I wanted them, then sometime in my early 30s my thoughts on it started to change. I did not want that responsibility. I got more selfish and wanted to do more things for me instead of investing all of my passion and energy into children. At this point I have no plans to have any children.

Top Bottom