Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"serious" advice needed... wow, this is as serious as i get...

M

madbomber31

i work with children... i've been there over a year... i care about them and they return it to me...

however, i have 2 "administrators" in the building (i work WITH the kids, they do not) who make it very miserable on the staff at times.. they are lazy and do not help.. they rarely even do their job. one has missed 50 plus days in a year.. the other is around 20 days in 5 months... i have missed 2 days in over a year.

i want to watch some of these children grow up.. we have some that i actually "love".

another building wants me to transfer... i'd do the same job for about 4 months and then i'd likely be promoted.. if i dont take the transfer it could be a while until i can get promoted.

my building now is 50-50 black and white.. the one i'd go to is about 90-10 white kids... i seem to get along well with all kids but the black ones are a bit more fun...

DO I??? stay and deal with it... i'd have to put up with a powerhungry bitch and a lazy ass fucker who doesnt do anything to stop her.... but i get the kids i know and love...

or do i go??? and work with a great building director who is deeply respected?

going would mean 15 extra minute drive, no biggy really...

help me please... i am torn.

sounds like you know what is best career wise but you dont want to let go of the kids

based on what you say the transfer is basically everything ur job has + more. is it secure (i.e. uwont get laid off fuw to busdget cutbacks)....is the environemtn good with colleagues, will u get paid the same or more...

I can't advise you on something that important MB, but i will say this. The kids at your current building sound like they need you far more than the new building if the current administrators ar as bad as you say. I would have killed for teachers who cared in my senior years. But then, a promotion is hard to pass up.

Where would you make the biggest difference? That seems to be more important than anything else.

Stop counting the days co-workers miss and have fun at work.

Unless it adversly affects your ability to work with the kids, who cares how often other people show up at work?

(Not a flame at all. Just my devalued $.02)

thats the thing.. it effects me very directly...

jason can we do this... jason can we do that? no kids, we cant.. (i stop short of saying "because lazy ass or powerhungry are not here again so i have to stay in this room instead of doing what is scheduled to do)... that is why i count days... and actually i just started counting after learning that they took days off and paid themselves as being there...

one more thing- the chick deals with volunteers (at least i got a few hotties to look at now)... well, she exchanged 120 court appointed hours for some pinstriping on her one car and body work on another.. she made 3 teenagers watch the pin stripes be applied so it was a "learning" experience... (kids were pissed, she would NOT let them inside)...

i do think i am more important to the city kids than at the other club... that is where my confusion is... there is no raise moving... but in the future i'd be more likely to get a promotion... (some say if you decline a transfer you fuck yourself for a long long time).

Reality check... things look better at the other job because you aren't there. Once you are there you might find out the 'wonderful director' has a secret crack habit that you will need to cover for. It may be better. It may not be.

Well, if this is a school system, bring it up at the next board of education meeting.

Document the problems in writing and present a case to have them removed.

not a school system... and people have repeatedly tried to have the director removed... its a non profit org... and his family has lots of cash that the organization gets donated... he's going nowhere.. this is not a new problem for either of these people.. she's been sent to 5 different buildings in 3 years... i have no idea why they dont fire her but they dont... honestly, when we have get togethers people always ask me "so, how ya like xxxx" and they have this look on their face like "haha, its not me"... i actually think its worse than i am making it out to be...

madbomber31 said:
[
my building now is 50-50 black and white.. the one i'd go to is about 90-10 white kids... i seem to get along well with all kids but the black ones are a bit more fun...

. [/B]

If you were blind how would you sort these children???

Top Bottom