Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Intelligender" brand gender identification kit for pregnant women

Acela

Anyone ever use this product? Supposedly after 8 weeks of being pregnant you can find out the sex of your baby.

My fiance and I are 14 weeks along and took the test this morning: Boy

They claim to be 94% accurate but I am skeptical. I realize it really doesn't matter because we are going to find out at our next ultrasound but someone bought the kit for us as a suprise

thanks

neva heard of it . but my girl is 8 weeks .. how much does it cost?

I would say that they are FIFTY PERCENT accurate, seems more like marketing to me. I mean, doesn't EVERYONE have a 50% chance of telling you the *right gender* of a child before it is born? Even ultra-sounds aren't always accurate. The only 100% accurate way of determining the sex of a child before it is born is an amniocentesis where genetic information is taken from the fluid sorrounding the baby. 'Course there is a risk of miscarriage with this one.

Here is a link from a discussion board where the product is NOT being sold, just people logging on to discuss the product.

http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/showthread.php?t=223939

You tell me what you think.

35+$ for "some fun"? I'd rather spend that money on a good steak or a sextoy. But then again... that is just me. :) Or a bottle of Tito's but since ya'll are pregnant I would wait till after the baby gets here. LOL

Heck, I am thinking it's smarter to spend that money on pampers because if this is your first child you really have NO CLUE how many of those damned things you will go through in the first week alone!

They are testing THE MOTHER'S URINE. There are agents secreted in a woman's urine to show she is pregnant but I've never heard of any agent in HER URINE that will give any indication whatsoever as to the gender of the child she is carrying. The very notion of it is ridiculous.

Top Bottom