Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" indeed

hanselthecaretaker

High End Bro
Platinum
New 48fps film technique used turns off pretty much everyone. Director responds-

Peter Jackson on Hobbit Criticisms - Movies News at IGN

I think this will be a killer Bluray to get this Holiday. Even though I never got into the LotR movies, having both 24fps and 48fps, and 3D options...full of win.

I'm excited to see that film. Whether someone is in to the fantasy genre or not, there's no denying his books are pretty damn wonderfully written. There's nothing he doesn't intricately describe, and I like that and the imagination it must've took to create such a finely detailed world and everything inside.

Nan, question. For an atheist, is it difficult or annoying or what have you to read or watch Catholic allegory in a book or movie you otherwise love? Or do you maybe not even notice because you don't believe? I really am curious if I were an atheist if I'd like the books as much.

I'm excited to see that film. Whether someone is in to the fantasy genre or not, there's no denying his books are pretty damn wonderfully written. There's nothing he doesn't intricately describe, and I like that and the imagination it must've took to create such a finely detailed world and everything inside.

Nan, question. For an atheist, is it difficult or annoying or what have you to read or watch Catholic allegory in a book or movie you otherwise love? Or do you maybe not even notice because you don't believe? I really am curious if I were an atheist if I'd like the books as much.

I dont mind it at all it's a very popular belief so I understand why it pops into everything

Sent from my VM670 using EliteFitness

As a fellow atheist I am completely turned off when there are such connotations within any media. I used to love watching Survivor but the last one I watched had a ton of Jesus freaks in it and it just annoyed the shit out of me thus boycotting the show completely. I also refuse to get a YMCA membership bc it's a Christian funded organization, and my future son will not be participating in voussoirs for same reason...as well as they are an organization full of mindless biggots.

I guess that's a no on the being a LOTR fan, then. Lol

That's understandable to me. I wouldn't participate in organizations backed be religions I was not a part of. I probably could still watch movies/read books like these though in which you could easily ignore that the author meant the story as a Christian one. It's not super blatant; there isn't really a 1:1 matchup with Christianity like in the Narnia series.

I was on my phone earlier so didnt get to write much, let me elaborate Afeedz:

To me religion is just everywhere whether I like it or not so I'm pretty passive about it, it's kind of like when an single person goes to see a movie and there is a love story.

Most believers think all atheists are against religion and uncomfortable with it, some of us just dont care about it because it doesnt matter to us, kinda like when you tell a grown ass man santa wont bring them presents if they're not nice to the easter bunny :whatever:

Also I wouldnt go as far to say LOTR has religious connotations, if you really wanted to you can make everything relate to anything somehow, most movies and books have the struggle between bad and good with it's martyrs and heroes just like the bible does. How does LOTR compare to the bible? they're both cool stories.

I must admit I laughed when some people compared Galadriel to the Virgin Mary

Top Bottom