Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question for you with Home Gyms – esp Bfold

CipherLock

Feind des Teufels
Platinum
I am thinking about investing in a home gym setup but I think that the only place I’d be able to put it is in my garage.

I would like to know about any things I should be thinking about, like winter workouts and if this is even possible.

It gets around -22f outside but I haven't paid attention to what temperature the garage gets. Should I be thinking about a portable heater?

Anyone? Thoughts?

Thanks

Heater won't be too necessary after you're "in" to the workout. In the last month I've set up 3 home gyms for my clients, they did not spend over $1000 and we handle all business, a cage, some plates, dumbbells, movable bench that inclines, etc., cheap but effective as hell. peace

TheProject said:
A space heater would be an option...if it's an attached garage, I'd think there would be a heat vent.

It is an attatched garage, attatched to my house and the to the house's next door. No vents anywhere though.

Someone told me that their garage doesn't go below freezing during the winter months, anyone have any idea about that?

havoc said:
Heater won't be too necessary after you're "in" to the workout. In the last month I've set up 3 home gyms for my clients, they did not spend over $1000 and we handle all business, a cage, some plates, dumbbells, movable bench that inclines, etc., cheap but effective as hell. peace

I was thinking the same thing about the heat during the workout.

What kind of free weight and DB's can you get for under 1000?

CipherLock said:

I was thinking the same thing about the heat during the workout.

What kind of free weight and DB's can you get for under 1000?

Got all 3 of them a squat cage for $250 from Lifefitness, each of them purchased a 45lb bar with 400lbs of weight for $200 from Lifefitness as well, movable/adjustable bench was $125, dumbbells in increments of five to 75lbs were $300, I asked all of them to purchase stability balls and a cheap, plate loaded extension/leg curl apparatus for $125, keep in mind you may need more weight, these are clients of mine from ages 15 - 64, all you need is the basics brother, when I train all my workout revolve around the cage, no matter what bodypart, the cage is the key. peace

havoc said:

Got all 3 of them a squat cage for $250 from Lifefitness, each of them purchased a 45lb bar with 400lbs of weight for $200 from Lifefitness as well, movable/adjustable bench was $125, dumbbells in increments of five to 75lbs were $300, I asked all of them to purchase stability balls and a cheap, plate loaded extension/leg curl apparatus for $125, keep in mind you may need more weight, these are clients of mine from ages 15 - 64, all you need is the basics brother, when I train all my workout revolve around the cage, no matter what bodypart, the cage is the key. peace

I can beat that...

Go to www.newyorkbarbells.com...we bought our power racks there for around $200. Dick's puts their weight sets on sale for $89, they're 300lb sets, as I recall, with a barbell. Buy two sets, and that's good for a starter.

You can also get a flat bench at NY Barbell for $100, and they have an adjustable that's a little more. Find their deals with free shipping.

WRT the temperature...I've found that you need a little warmth to get started. It's tough for me to get warmed up and moving if it's unusually cold. Hell, if it's attached, just leave the door to the house open for a bit before you start.

havoc said:
Got all 3 of them a squat cage for $250 from Lifefitness, each of them purchased a 45lb bar with 400lbs of weight for $200 from Lifefitness as well, movable/adjustable bench was $125, dumbbells in increments of five to 75lbs were $300,

db's from 5 to 75 for 300???? Holy crap, the place I'm looking is asking like .59 cents a pound.

FECK. I'm going to get hosed. I've looked at all the places aroud here and I'm looking at spending somewhere around 5-6500.

That is for
http://www.keysfitness.com/KeysFitness/Template.cfm?id=kps-hcs.html&CFID=93587&CFTOKEN=25723205

which I can use as a cage / smith so my wife can workout too. after that the weights and db come up to almost 3000 (that system is 2600) and then I want a few rubber mats and assorted other junk.

DAYUM.

TheProject said:

I can beat that...

Go to www.newyorkbarbells.com...we bought our power racks there for around $200. Dick's puts their weight sets on sale for $89, they're 300lb sets, as I recall, with a barbell. Buy two sets, and that's good for a starter.

The link isn't working for me.

Second (and i hate admitting this) I wear a touque and say eh. The shipping would probably kill me.

Top Bottom