Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question for those working in insurance....

rykertest

how does one get into claims work? I'd like a part time job going around checking out wrecked cars and what not but I have no idea how to get into that kind of work. ANy help is appreciated.

I need a good second job. I thought about working for CERT but it's all frigin vollunteer.

Smurfy said:
insurance adjuster? underwriter?
have you done an internet search?

Yeah I wondered if you would reply. :) I have done some net searching but it's always hard to get a real world review of things. I have an odd work schedule and have the time to work a second job, but I want to make sure I can stick with for awhile and make decent money at it. I want to work in something that will always be "needed" like insurance for example. If I had it my way I'd be a part time forest ranger and spend my days off patrolling the wilderness. :)

But I dream. I'm kind of thinking out loud and maybe someone will post of something I've not thought of or researched.

That other job I spoke with you about was not what it seemed. BAD job.

rykertest said:
Yeah I wondered if you would reply. :) I have done some net searching but it's always hard to get a real world review of things. I have an odd work schedule and have the time to work a second job, but I want to make sure I can stick with for awhile and make decent money at it. I want to work in something that will always be "needed" like insurance for example. If I had it my way I'd be a part time forest ranger and spend my days off patrolling the wilderness. :)

But I dream.

Learn to dream during the day, not at night.

If you want to be a park ranger, do that - or something similar to it. Your subconscious will thank you, and start figuring out how to become one.

r

Razorguns said:
Learn to dream during the day, not at night.

If you want to be a park ranger, do that - or something similar to it. Your subconscious will thank you, and start figuring out how to become one.

r

I'm looking into it right now.

I still think insurance work would be a good fit for me. I would like being out in the "field" but not so entrenched in it that I would be an agent. I alreayd have a career that I LOVE, and it pays ok, but some extra money would be nice and maybe something when I retire. I may retire early if I play my cards right.

Top Bottom