Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question to those that have boxed.

Drizzt

I am currently training for the golden gloves in april and was in the gym last night sparring. I was fighting a new guy I hadn't fought before and I took quite a few shots up in the head "needs to stopwith my gatti defense" anyway I caught a couple up in the temple didn't go down didn't really feel 2 bad at the time, however when I left the gym for the night and went home I had a CONSTANT headache sorta dull and in the back of my head on the right hand side. I took a 600mg motrin which didn't even phase it so I took another before I went to bed woke up this morning and started getting around and the headache came back I don't know what the hell is goin on with this one I also got caught once when I was trying 2 take a breath of air and didn't get my mouth all the way closed when I got cracked so I don't know if the jaw being knocked around would have contribiuted to this or not. So for all of you guys out there that have taken headshots like this did any of you expereience headaches, stiff neck, jaw sore "kinda stiff" or anything else??? Any advice would be appericated I am thinkin bout going 2 my doc and getting a cat scan so I can make sure I am good 2 go in boxing and can take more headshots I sure don't wanan end up "punch drunk" because my noggin can't take a couple knocks.

Drizz

You gotta pay to play.

I boxed in a circut that went to Golden Gloves.. I boxed for 4 years. Went to Golden Gloves 2 times, boxed welter weight.... blah blah blah...

anyhow.. I had a constant headache the whole time I boxed. It is one of those things that is going to happen. If you do not like that.. you have 2 choices.....

A. quit boxing

B. never get hit in the peanut

as you can imagine.. after 4 years... I chose A

ok.. now I am out.

Thanks for the advice my brother. Just didn't expect the constant headache in the back of the head been kicked in the nugget before while sparring in kung-fu and didn't remember a headache like this but I did take quite a few shots in the head but hell I gave as goodas I got bloodied his nose with a couple stiff jabs so I guess it evens out in the end. Would you recommend getting a cat scan as a precautionary measure to make sure that my brain holder is in fine condition to keep boxing before I get in there and take some more punishment?? Thanks bro.

Drizz

What D baller said about a constant headache is on the money pretty much, however, it could be your neck causing this, I wouldnt be suprised, boxers have a gang of neck injuries that cause massive headaches and migraines.

Also, ask Cornholio about head shots, him and Wodin go back and forth. peace

Has nothing to do with you but i trained with Arturo Gatti when he was training in MTL before he went out to NJ. This guy is just plain loco.

Ya boxing is a beautiful thing go in a ring mano a mano and punch eachother till one is koed or the judges think you won. Ahh life is grand =p.

Drizz

Arturo gatti is one of my favorite fighters hands down, he has a chin of granite a helluva left hook and a heart as big as a boulder no quit in that kid at all. If you have watched any of his fights you will know what I mean. Helluva fighter.

Drizz

Top Bottom