Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Public Schools Are Beyond Repair: Superintendent Fails Englist Test 3 Times!

p0ink

Mass. school superintendent fails must-pass English test
Associated Press ^ | 08-03-03

(08-03) 18:12 PDT LAWRENCE, Mass. (AP) --

This city's superintendent of schools, who recently put two dozen teachers on unpaid leave for failing a basic English proficiency test, has himself flunked a required literacy test three times.

Wilfredo T. Laboy called his failing scores "frustrating" and "emotional." He blamed his performance on a lack of preparation and concentration, as well as the fact that that Spanish is his first language.

"It bothers me because I'm trying to understand the congruence of what I do here every day and this stupid test," Laboy told The Eagle-Tribune of Lawrence in a story published Sunday.

"What brought me down was the rules of grammar and punctuation," Laboy said. "English being a second language for me, I didn't do well in writing. If you're not an English teacher, you don't look at the rules on a regular basis."

State Education Commissioner David P. Driscoll said he is aware of Laboy's troubles with the test, but would not say how many chances Laboy would be given to pass or what the consequences of another failure could be.

He said Laboy was doing an excellent job leading the district, and is getting more time to prepare for the test. But he added, "He's going to have to pass. ... The situation will only get serious if he goes much longer without passing."

Since 1998, all Massachusetts educators -- from teachers to superintendents -- have had to pass the Communications and Literacy Skills Test, which measures basic reading and writing skills, including vocabulary, punctuation, grammar, spelling and capitalization.

Laboy, who receives a 3 percent pay hike this month that will raise his salary to $156,560, recently put 24 teachers on unpaid administrative leave because they failed a basic English test.

this guy is being paid $156,000+ a year, and he cant even pass a god damn test that your average 8th grader could pass?!

these are the kind of people responsible for teaching your children.

the saying, 'we had to destroy the village in order to save it' aptly applies to the public education system.

Wilford what? give this guy a break, he's just confused trying to spell his own name which go against all laws. fail. fly. fuck. fargo. fascist. fuck. fig newton. the letter f. fucked up. fuck yeah. forclose. fag. fart. fickle. fudge. finklestone. fina.

I find it ironic how you misspelled "english" on a post concerning someone failing an "english" test.

The irony in this thread title has not passed me by.

its not his proficiency in english that matters...

its how he feels about his job performance...

wont you conservatives ever learn these essential truths???

The difference is p0ink KNOWS how to spell the fucking word, yet this guy is getting paid 6 figures to be chief educator and cannot pass a basic test of this sort...no good

Top Bottom