Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pretentious Vegan Fucks

scruples said:

i think it's "the bottoms of my feet" not "feet bottoms"

just so you know, of course...

And just so you know the flag under my avatar shows i am a foreigner. Thus my English has a Heavy British influence and in Britain "feet bottoms" is an accepted form and this is afterall an international board, is it not?

Excellent post my man. I hate people like that. I don't get them. Do they not realize that life is survival of the fittest ... ?

CollegeKid said:
I'm probably going to get insanely flamed for this... but I'm gonna come out and say it: I'm a vegan (been vegan for 6 years now, I'm 19). However, I am not one of those tree-hugging bleeding-heart hippies you all have been describing. I have a black Kenneth Cole leather jacket for christ's sake. The reason why I'm a vegan is because I'm into the whole be-as-healthy-as-you-can-be thing. I don't want to have a heart attack at the age of 60, and I don't want colon cancer, and a host of other things that can be avoided through a vegan diet. And if you ask "ok, but it's not unhealthy to eat an egg or some milk every once in a while" my simple answer to that is just that animal products gross me out. I'll be honest: my mom used to force me to drink a glass of milk per day. I hated it. Despise the texture of eggs as well. And I'd much rather just keep the wonderful cholesterol levels I have from being a vegan.

So there you go, a rational explanation for someone being a vegan. Right?

- CollegeKid

You have every right to eat as you please, and as long as you don't try and proclaim your diet as superior to others and try and proselytize them, no one can criticize you.

As for the health benefits of veganism, I am not convinced. Most studies on vegetarianism vs. normal diets relies too heavily on epidemiological studies. Since most "normal diets" are not what anyone would consider a "healthy" diet, the study is biased towards the lower fat, higher phyto-chemical diet.

A better study would be to use a lower saturated fat, high protein, moderate, low glycemic index diet vs. a good vegan diet and look at the long term effects. Unfortunately, no cultures eat this way, only bodybuilders, so there is little data to work with.

CollegeKid said:
I'm probably going to get insanely flamed for this... but I'm gonna come out and say it: I'm a vegan (been vegan for 6 years now, I'm 19). However, I am not one of those tree-hugging bleeding-heart hippies you all have been describing. I have a black Kenneth Cole leather jacket for christ's sake. The reason why I'm a vegan is because I'm into the whole be-as-healthy-as-you-can-be thing. I don't want to have a heart attack at the age of 60, and I don't want colon cancer, and a host of other things that can be avoided through a vegan diet. And if you ask "ok, but it's not unhealthy to eat an egg or some milk every once in a while" my simple answer to that is just that animal products gross me out. I'll be honest: my mom used to force me to drink a glass of milk per day. I hated it. Despise the texture of eggs as well. And I'd much rather just keep the wonderful cholesterol levels I have from being a vegan.

So there you go, a rational explanation for someone being a vegan. Right?

Good for you and fuck what people think. Most of them are uninformed dumbasses anyway. Why should you be made fun of for not eating meat? When I didn't eat it, I didn't brag about it, but other people gave me hell, wanted to know why I didn't eat meat. When I told them, it made some of them uncomfortable so they chastised me. Ignorant fucks. Because I am not ambitious, and because of circumstances beyond my control that I'm not going to get into right now, I have worked at jobs well below what I am capable of. I work with dumbasses every day. I used to bring my Mega Mass Shake to work for breakfast and some of the other older men would think that I was weird and gave me hell about it. Funny, I didn't say shit to them about them eating their cancer causing bacon and sausage, but they felt the need to criticize me, I guess I threaten dumb people like that because they don't understand someone being different than them.

- CollegeKid

A better study would be to use a lower saturated fat, high protein, moderate, low glycemic index diet vs. a good vegan diet and look at the long term effects.

I eat a lower saturated fat, high protein, moderate, low glycemic index diet which also happens to be vegan. After 5 yrs of the "regular" vegan diet I switched over to a bodybuilder type diet: whole wheat pasta, oatmeal, brown rice, beans, flax, peanut butter, and tons of protein isolate. I also hit the gym for the first time ever. Put on 30lbs in less than a year. I personally think my diet is the best of both worlds. :D

- CollegeKid

CollegeKid said:

I eat a lower saturated fat, high protein, moderate, low glycemic index diet which also happens to be vegan. After 5 yrs of the "regular" vegan diet I switched over to a bodybuilder type diet: whole wheat pasta, oatmeal, brown rice, beans, flax, peanut butter, and tons of protein isolate. I also hit the gym for the first time ever. Put on 30lbs in less than a year. I personally think my diet is the best of both worlds. :D

- CollegeKid

So what do your farts smell like? You little cocksmoker.

CollegeKid said:

- CollegeKid

You are light years more advanced than 99% of most vegans, who are usually also anti-protein. They advocate the protein complementation rule to ensure they receive some complete protein, but most still eat paltry amounts of protein. This low protein intake is responsible for weight loss, as much as low calories, since low protein diets are metabolically inefficient and increase thermogenesis.

Keep up the good work. There is nothing anyone can criticise you for.

CollegeKid said:

I must admit, my farts smell like your dick. That is, they smell like shit.

- CollegeKid

I gottcha dude- I can take a hint. I'll stop pulling the ol' Max Hardcore poopchute-to-mouth maneuver next time I'm giving you a li'l' shot o' love.

Top Bottom