Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Posts that do not pertain to promoting a healthy lifestyle.

MR.?

Over the past 11months that I've been a member of this Discussion Board, I've seen this board evolve in a number of different ways. Its seems to me that the Chat & Conversation board has become a place of childish bickering and a place were ignorance is congratulated. I don't see a need for posts that don't promote fitness. Posts which offend and discriminate people of all backgrounds are just plain tacky and lack any substance. There is a big difference between expressing your opinions objectively and expression opinions that are meant to be antagonistic.

I support the right to free speech and will defend anyone who wishes to express this right. However when I see a website designed to bring people together with the common goal to educate and help each other become a place of hate and discrimination.

There are many people on this board who joke and play around without offending anyone. Preaching and expressing hate is not needed on this board nor should it be tolerated. There are thousands of websites dedicated to the sharing of racist and discriminatory ideas. They would probably be envious if they were to witness what takes place often on this website.

Its funny how on the Anabolic Board the sharing of information is discussed openly and without any regard to another members race, nationality..., etc., with total respect and concern. The Chat & Conversation however is a much different place where a members background becomes a main issue and often a difference in opinion leads to disrespect.

Just my 2 cents.

Nice post!!

MR.? said:
Over the past 11months that I've been a member of this Discussion Board, I've seen this board evolve in a number of different ways. Its seems to me that the Chat & Conversation board has become a place of childish bickering and a place were ignorance is congratulated. I don't see a need for posts that don't promote fitness. Posts which offend and discriminate people of all backgrounds are just plain tacky and lack any substance. There is a big difference between expressing your opinions objectively and expression opinions that are meant to be antagonistic.

I support the right to free speech and will defend anyone who wishes to express this right. However when I see a website designed to bring people together with the common goal to educate and help each other become a place of hate and discrimination.

There are many people on this board who joke and play around without offending anyone. Preaching and expressing hate is not needed on this board nor should it be tolerated. There are thousands of websites dedicated to the sharing of racist and discriminatory ideas. They would probably be envious if they were to witness what takes place often on this website.

Its funny how on the Anabolic Board the sharing of information is discussed openly and without any regard to another members race, nationality..., etc., with total respect and concern. The Chat & Conversation however is a much different place where a members background becomes a main issue and often a difference in opinion leads to disrespect.

Just my 2 cents.

That's why my ignore list as grown by leaps and bounds in just the last few days, b/c this has become the free-for-all board.

Great Post. :)

MR.? said:
Its seems to me that the Chat & Conversation board has become a place of childish bickering and a place were ignorance is congratulated. I don't see a need for posts that don't promote fitness.

Chat & Conversation
A forum for all non-bodybuilding talk!

-Warik

Warik,

I realize the concept behind the Chat & Conversation board. The point I'm trying to make is that many of the posts on this specific board are often offensive and are not needed.

I understand that the C&C board is for all non-bodybuilding discussion........but what often takes place on this board goes far beyond general and casual discussion.

Re: Re: Posts that do not pertain to promoting a healthy lifestyle.

Warik said:

Chat & Conversation
A forum for all non-bodybuilding talk!

-Warik

i believe it says

Chat & Conversation
A forum for all non-bodybuilding talk! Be as nice as you can be!

what happened to being NICE??? :)

MR.? said:
I realize the concept behind the Chat & Conversation board. The point I'm trying to make is that many of the posts on this specific board are often offensive and are not needed.

I don't think posts, for the most part, are posted to be offensive. I think they BECOME offensive because of insecure people who attack the poster with claims of racism. Example: THE STEEL BEAST'S posts. "Why do blacks get offended by 'nigger' and whites don't get offended by racial insults?" It's an honest question trying to promote some intelligent conversation. The conversation degrades into an "offensive post" when people started calling him a racist and a white honkey (an insult which did not seem to phase him at all, hence adding validity to his original question).

There's a difference between "offending someone" and "finding something offensive." I'm sure hairy-legged, masculine, lesbianic feminists would look at "Butts Boobs Bikinis!" and the bikini girl pictures pages and "find them offensive," but I'm sure George's intention when he had them created was NOT "offending someone."

THE STEEL BEAST was not "offending someone," someone "found something offensive." That someone is the one who should be criticized and flamed, not THE STEEL BEAST.

-Warik

Re: Re: Re: Posts that do not pertain to promoting a healthy lifestyle.

Phemomena said:

i believe it says

Chat & Conversation
A forum for all non-bodybuilding talk! Be as nice as you can be!

what happened to being NICE??? :)

You have just posted a message in opposition to my own, which attempts to prove me wrong by stating that I omitted information in my original post. I find that offensive. You are being mean. I think George Spellwin should ban you.

See why I didn't include "being NICE?" Niceness is relative. "Non-bodybuilding talk" is absolute. When you can think of a way to accurately, objectively judge "niceness," then we can start worrying about that rule. Until then, to me, "Be as nice as you can be!" = "try not to flame people for being stupid."

-Warik

Top Bottom