Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Poor customer service

Chicken or egg? Does the customer come out of the box bitchy or do we get bitchy from sitting on hold for an hour, then talking to a series of people who shuttle us around and then, finally, send us to a voice mail announcement that has nothing to do with our problem?

Granted, many times customer service types are operating at terrible handicaps imposed by their loser companies (short staffing, etc.), but the truth is, no matter the explanation, service sucks bad.

It varies from person to person, but it comes from both sides:

Customer POV: If you're job is something like bagging {I worked at an Acme}, then people think that you are below them and believe its their job to disrespect you just b/c.

Employee POV: I'm getting paid one way or the other....so go fuck ya self. And Acme was a union job, so their asses were there to stay for a while.

When I was a bagger at Acme I believe I only received 2 thanks you's in my 3 month time frame that I worked there. Fucking ingrates.

I get there respect everytime I walk into the store with my .357 at my side.

Then I explain what I want and that it is in the cash register. They will comply, or they will be assimilated by the .357 without a doubt. Resitance if futile.

ERRGGGGHHHH!

Shit I miss Starfleet Academy.

Dammit Jim he's dead!

Last edited:
The worst service ever in my opinion...

First: Post Office - Every time I go to the post office for something (passport, stamps, etc..) they are rude.

Second: Eckerds - I had an evil bitch store manager one time grab my arm while I was holding a drink because she thought I stole it. I had purchased it at a vending machine across the street and had been drinking it while waiting for a scrip to be filled. Most Eckerds are the same way. The pharmacy people are usually good, but retail can be iffy (some good, some bad).

Third: DMV - I hate the employees, I hate the clientel, I even hate myself when I'm at the DMV. EVERYONE is pissed in this place.

I have been unfortunate enough to work customer service for the last 14 years. The best way to get good service is to be nice and friendly and joke around with the employee. I hate it when someone comes in and talks shit to me and I have to sit there and apoligize knowing if I was not at work I would literally be ramming their face into the concrete. Then you get the person that is funny and cool and really makes the job better. As a teller at the bank people are cocks cause they have to wait in line etc, but when I am doing loan officer bullshit people kiss my ass, it is awesome! I hate customers, I decided I want a job that did not have a name tag. Customer service is like being a cop, you work with the scum of the earth sometimes and you don't get to pick your clients, so give us a break.

I work with selling spareparts. You wouldn´t believe what assholes come in. People whining about prices, people wanting discounts because they know a neighbour who has a son who´s been working in a place i never heard of, people wanting to return used spareparts, people giving wrong info about their cars and when we pick out the wrong spareparts it´s all our fault... I could go on and on. Even though customers suck I still try to do my best to be as polite as I can.

Our best defense is to explain to customers that they are complete morons in a way they understand it and agree with it :D

Hehe. Roadblock, I think you broke the code, bro. You obviously understand customer service.

Customers can be a royal pain in the ass...yet they are the ones paying for whatever. And as crazy as some of them are, the challenge of customer service is indeed to leave them happy.

And sometimes the really complaining customers are the best ones. At least they care enough to complain, and there can be some good lessons for improvement. Most customers just simmer in hateful silence or never return.

I've seen the most totally wacked-out, off-the-wall, certifiable customers come in and bitch with the weirdest stories and the foulest mouths. And I've seen them leave with thankful and happy faces, because somebody took the time and effort (a hard job) to explain in a diplomatic and friendly way just what an asshole they really are. And the next day, I've seen them return with chocolates and flowers for the customer service rep who was tortured by them. :)

Dex

I deal with customers via e-mail. It's much easier to tell them they're wrong when you don't have to listen to them scream.;) :D

Top Bottom