Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Police officers, Army, need info !

manny78

Plat Hero
Platinum
I'm actually preparing a website dedicated to weapons (guns, riffles, machine guns, rocket launchers......) with maybe a board. Now I need to know what weapons different law enforcement agencies use and also armies all around the world. It doesnt matter the city, all I want to know is what "X" uses !!!

p.s: FBI they use the COlt 1991 .45 no ?

manny78 said:
I'm actually preparing a website dedicated to weapons (guns, riffles, machine guns, rocket launchers......) with maybe a board. Now I need to know what weapons different law enforcement agencies use and also armies all around the world. It doesnt matter the city, all I want to know is what "X" uses !!!

p.s: FBI they use the COlt 1991 .45 no ?

Uh no the 1991 colt .45 is dead right now. I'm pretty sure the standard military pistol is still the Baretta 9mm. As far as cops go good luck. some still carry revolvers, some have Glocks, some have barettas, some have Sig's. When you serve with a small town you buy your own gun and you can basically carry what you want as long as its apporved by the town (No long barreled stainless .44 magnums) My one freind carries a Glock but the other in another town has a Ruger 9mm.

Re: Re: Police officers, Army, need info !

talonracer said:

Uh no the 1991 colt .45 is dead right now. I'm pretty sure the standard military pistol is still the Baretta 9mm. As far as cops go good luck. some still carry revolvers, some have Glocks, some have barettas, some have Sig's. When you serve with a small town you buy your own gun and you can basically carry what you want as long as its apporved by the town (No long barreled stainless .44 magnums) My one freind carries a Glock but the other in another town has a Ruger 9mm.

yup I know the army uses the Beretta 9 mm and no longer the colt 1911, but Colt released the 1991 and I was woondering if the FBI was using it. AND btw why no magnum .44 ? is there a reason ? I wish I could use a Desert Eagle .50 magnum lol

When I was in that line of work it was basically public image, if you happened to have to defend yourself and killed a criminal then imagine the victim's family lawyers ripping you apart in court for having a stainless .44 magnum as your sidearm? They are fairly open but the town I was in forbade any kinda of flashy sidearm. Plus they actually had an approved list of what you could use and what caliber. You couldn't even HAVE a .45, i had a Glock 10mm and that was cool. Most guys there had Barettas.

Big Buck said:
Marines...9mm barreta is standard side arm, and M16A2 is standard service rifle.

M 16A2 and his little borther the M4 are among the best riffles, but I dont get why they switched from the strong .45 Colt to some weak 9 mm cause any soldier knows a good bullet proof can stop this ....

Haven't checked the Jane's site, but I remember my old Colt 1911 being a bitch to take apart and clean: too many freaking parts. My brother still carries one, though. Fantastic stopping power.

As for me, the only pistol of choice: Walther PPK. Beautiful piece. Sound suppressor was a nice little add-on that cost me a few bucks, but it was worth it. Steel jacketed bullets, baby.

Dexter

Top Bottom