Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

plumbing or electrical?

čančan

hi everyone.. i've been lurking around in the shadows here for a bit and decided to post up!

so i'm a displaced forestry worker.. a certified welder to be exact.. and i'm looking for a career change and thinking of plumbing or electrical .

opinions?

regards,
ivan

be prepared to be unempoyed in either trade
with that being said, i'd def go electrical, cleaner work and higher pay.
ever think about the forest service? def could get a job there

be prepared to be unempoyed in either trade
with that being said, i'd def go electrical, cleaner work and higher pay.
ever think about the forest service? def could get a job there

in bc here plumbers make the most out of all of them... and its less stress than electrical.

btw im in canada:)

čančan;8601689 said:
in bc here plumbers make the most out of all of them... and its less stress than electrical.

btw im in canada:)

ever thought about working for the forest service (whatever the canadian equal is)?
your skill would be applicable esp if you can work chainsaws.
not as much money as tradework but secure job

If you go electrical try to go commercial (buildings,schools)not to many houses going up right now.I do concrete and we are slammed right now.We do alot of city work and the city just passed all kinds of projects.Im very fortunate alot of companies going down now.
Silent

Whatever you do, do not do both. Playing with electricity when wet is pretty dangerous.

BTW welcome to the board. We have many Canadians here (not sure if that is a good thing).

ever thought about working for the forest service (whatever the canadian equal is)?
your skill would be applicable esp if you can work chainsaws.
not as much money as tradework but secure job

thing is forestry here is in the tank.. big time. i work in a maintainence dept of a major sawmill, and we only work part time nowadays. in the spring my cheques had 100+ hrs, now its 64. the majority of the bush workers are laid off.. things will pick up, when is the question. the city where i live exports 80% of its export to the us, and no houses are going up in the states.

work in the bush is tough, and with the major forestry companies holding a monopoly on the bush, there is a set rate on contracts.. the working man in the bush is squeezed hard now in the best of times.

Top Bottom