Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Was petrified about leaving college... but recent job interview was kind of exciting.

Lift Chief

I'm still going to be really sad when i leave college... and i'm not quite sure what i'm going to end up doing... but this recent job interview at least gave me some hope htat life won't entirely suck after college.

He talked about the type of money that you can make in an outside sales position... if you're good... also asked me where i'd like to work if i got the job...

Possible choices were san francisco, denver, boston, etc...

Burning_Inside said:
all 3 of those choices suck. Between earthquakes, snow, smog, violence...No way.

lol

Bro the average winter temp in Denver is like 40 degrees...

It's also one of the most beautiful cities in the country...

How can you hate on those 3 cities?... just raining on my parade homseslice...

My perspective on this was that in highschool you swam in a one directional lake along with the current. In college yo uswam at the sea towards the land, you could have taken many pathways to get there. Finally when you get out of college, you are drowning in the middle of an enormous ocean with no sense of direction where to go. And you better find land fast, because the sharks are coming for you

revexrevex said:
My perspective on this was that in highschool you swam in a one directional lake along with the current. In college yo uswam at the sea towards the land, you could have taken many pathways to get there. Finally when you get out of college, you are drowning in the middle of an enormous ocean with no sense of direction where to go. And you better find land fast, because the sharks are coming for you

that is the craziest thing i ever heard. everyone i know went and got a job after school with no problemo

SF: Never been but it has Alcatraz. No hockey team.

Denver: My former commander of the gaurd did recruiting duty in Denver. He said there is a lot of crime. Have the Avalanche.

Boston: Never been, but it's on the East Coast so it's cool. The Bruins are in the same conference as the Flyers, but the damn Bo-Sox can't finish off a damn ALCS. A guy in my platoon is from Boston and pronounces R's as AH. He's good to go otherwise.

Good luck with your decision. I'm sure I didn't help in any way.

Of those choices, I'd vote for Denver. San Fran and Boston are amongst the most expensive cities in the United States to live in. Even people with good jobs struggle to buy a decent home in those cities.

Top Bottom