Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Peter Arnett

Lao Tzu

Exactly how is having a discussion on Iraqi tv a form of treason? If he had told secrets like Geraldo i would have been in favor of him being banished from Iraq, but just discussing issues with Iraqi tv isn't treason or worth being fired over.

Where can i find the transcript of his appearance on Iraqi TV? I have only read part of it here but its pretty dispicable when interacting with your governments enemies is a crime now. Iraq will lose the war no matter what, people shouldn't be punished for having discussions.

One of the arguments is that it gives motive to the enemy to continue fighting. My personal opinion is most of the enemy (saddam loyalists) will fight anyway. Those that are coming in from outside countries to fight are way beyond logic anyway. Whats the worst that can happen, a bunch of illiterate arabs who wouldn't hold Iraq accountable for its actions at gunpoint and who think this war was started by the Jews see Arnett's interview and change from being anti war to pro war?

He gave comfort to the enemy by claiming the US war plans had failed on Iraqi TV among other statements! This is a morale boost for the Iraqi army, and will make them fight harder against US troops if they think they are winning! US troops are now put into harms way more because of this! He was not Accused officially of treason, so the argument is void! In a different place in time article 3 could have been used!

Transcript

It's actually in the Constitution, Article 3, Section 3: Treason":

Section 3 - Treason

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court!

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted!

If someone actively tries to disrupt military operations during wartime, then they're giving aid to the enemy!

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#A3Sec3[

Last edited:
He doesnt represent the US or our Military so Iraq should weigh what that tard says accordingly. I dont really see the problem.... he can say what he wants, its just his opinion.

Well Dcup, its my opinion that the Arab world doesn't respond to things like fairness or logic when the US is involved. Right now Iraqi soldiers are holed up in and firing from a mosque and coalitions forces refuse to fire on them due to the fact that a mosque is a religious shrine. I'm sure 99.9% of arab news agencies are using this as a motivator to cause their populations to see Iraq as fighting for Islam and the US as destroying Islam. Like i said, they are beyond logic so attempting to censor information that may cause them to develop a logical opinion would be a waste of time.

This still isn't treason. All he did was talk to the enemy, and give his opinion which should be his right as an individual. He shouldn't be threatened with jail or firing if he doesn't wave a flag and ignorantly say 'we're on course 100%'. Its not like the US is going to lose this war.

As far as i'm concerned, he didn't aid the enemy. Aiding the enemy involves giving htem money or troops. All he did was tell his opinions, and tell the truth (this war didn't go as well as planned).

This sucks, so now freedom of expression & telling the truth are unpatriotic & treasonous?

I found the transcript I liked this part.

Arnett:
Whenever I gave a report on civilian casualties on CNN (in the first Gulf War) the Pentagon and the Bush administration got very angry and called me a traitor.

This still isn't treason. All he did was talk to the enemy, and give his opinion which should be his right as an individual. He
shouldn't be threatened with jail or firing if he doesn't wave a flag and ignorantly say 'we're on course 100%'. Its not like the US is going to lose this war.

It does not matter how it plays in the Arab world, What flag wavers or none flag wavers think Or trying to protect his comments behind free speech! He broke his citizenship oath to the US Constitution! He is a US citizen and his comments have put US troops in danger by using the Iraqi media to give them comfort! If he was not a US citizen or did it through other media channels then it would not matter!

In the old days US citizens were tried for treason by doing the same thing in the print media! TV is just the new form of media! But again all of this void because he is not officially being tried with treason! If the situation was reversed he would have been shot on the spot! I'm just going by the Constitution not by "Feelings" like 90% of the Sheople do today! Personally I don't give a rats ass about what he said, but I would still try him under the Constitution and if convicted would have him shot by a firing squad!

Arnett:
Whenever I gave a report on civilian casualties on CNN (in the first Gulf War) the Pentagon and the Bush administration got very angry and called me a traitor.

That is not treasonist!

Well then you endorse a police state, because that is what we would have if criticizing the government or talking to people your government doesn't agree with becomes treason. Treason should only apply to giving physical support to the governments enemies, and even then it still shouldn't get the death penalty unless the situation is serious. What about the 'war on drugs', should speaking out against that be treason or having conversations with people from the Netherlands?

Well then you endorse a police state, because that is what we would have if criticizing the government or talking to people your government doesn't agree with becomes treason. Treason should only apply to giving physical support to the governments enemies, and even then it still shouldn't get the death penalty unless the situation is serious. What about the 'war on drugs', should speaking out against that be treason or having conversations with people from the Netherlands?

Nordstrum It's the Constitution, not Dcup that sets the rules! "Feelings" and "Emotions" have nothing to do with it! You cannot give Aid and Comfort to the Enemy! It has nothing to do with a police state! There is a big difference between disagreeing with the Government and giving Aid and Comfort to the Enemy in war time! Following the constitution those that think he is a traitor and don't think he should be tried for treason are wrong, just like those that think he did not give aid and comfort to the enemy, according to the constitution! This is not a personal argument by the Dcup! I'm above all the Sheeple arguments on both sides!

He doesnt represent the US or our Military so Iraq should weigh what that tard says accordingly. I dont really see the problem.... he can say what he wants, its just his opinion.

And your Constitution does what for the US and its citizens? I assume you are a Euro? As far as a personal opinion, I understand what you are saying!

Top Bottom