Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pete Rose

BileStew

Has admitted in his new book coming out and in an interview on Thursday that he DID bet on baseball.

Him being my favorite player of all time, I feel he should be allowed into the Hall of Fame for his PLAYING accomplishments only.

I also feel he should NOT be allowed back into baseball in any capacity. He lied until he was blue in the face vehemently denying that he never bet on baseball. And now he comes clean? Seems shady to me. Is he after something or did he honestly have an epiphany and wants to do right?

If Selig does in fact reinstate him, should Shoeless Joe Jackson be exonerated from the White Sox scandal back in 1919? Apparently he had nothing to do with the fixing of those games but was banned for life because he was a part of the team.

Will this open up a floodgate now if he is reinstated?

I have met Pete Rose on a few occasions and he is an arrogant, overbearing piece of shit. That being said, the guy was one of the greats in the game and it is BS that he isn't in the hall of fame, gambling, lying or not.

I didn't know Jim Rose played baseball. What happened to his side show he used to do?

I don't have a problem with him being in the Hall of fame, providing that he also apologizes for gambling on baseball. From everything I have heard, all he is doing is admitting that he bet, that's not enough. They also should allow Shoeless Joe in the hall.

Why did he come forward now?

He made some assinine remark about how nobody who could help him wanted to know the truth. What does that mean? That everyone else wasn't entitled to know the truth? He can have his name in the hall, but he should still be banned from having anything to do with any baseball team in the future.

Personally I think that he's still lying, or at least not telling the whole truth.

Fragadelic said:
I have met Pete Rose on a few occasions and he is an arrogant, overbearing piece of shit. That being said, the guy was one of the greats in the game and it is BS that he isn't in the hall of fame, gambling, lying or not.

I agree because of his accomplishments on the field warrants him a spot in the HOF.

I don't see how they can allow numerous drug offenders unlimited opportunities but if a guy bets and gets caught, he is banished for life.

I know some will say, "Betting is against the rules of baseball", but so are drugs.

It's a Catch 22 situation here.

Romo17 said:

If Selig does in fact reinstate him, should Shoeless Joe Jackson be exonerated from the White Sox scandal back in 1919? Apparently he had nothing to do with the fixing of those games but was banned for life because he was a part of the team.

Shoeless Joe accepted money to "throw" the series, but he played like an MVP, led the world series in homers, etc. He was just a true rube/country boy and didnt understand. Word on the streets is he didnt even know how to sign his whole name for a while, just made an 'X'. Still one of the top 5 hitters EVER (hit .408 his rookie year).

Re: Re: Pete Rose

BeefyBull said:

Shoeless Joe accepted money to "throw" the series, but he played like an MVP, led the world series in homers, etc. He was just a true rube/country boy and didnt understand. Word on the streets is he didnt even know how to sign his whole name for a while, just made an 'X'. Still one of the top 5 hitters EVER (hit .408 his rookie year).

I respectfully disagree. He never accepted money and told the players who appraoched him he was not interested in throwing the series.

Check it out: http://www.blackbetsy.com/jjrelate.htm

Romo17 said:

Is he after something or did he honestly have an epiphany and wants to do right?

of course he is its called $, he has 500k books in the first print, now that he admits to betting on baseball in his book there will be more interest in it. Rose truly is a piece of shit scumbag and just for that i hope he doesnt get in becasue he wants it so bad

He shouldnt be allowed in the Hall of Fame. If I remember, he agreed to be banned and in exchange, the MLB would not press criminal charges against him. If he wants the Hall of Fame he should also take what comes with it: a criminal trial.

manny78 said:
He shouldnt be allowed in the Hall of Fame. If I remember, he agreed to be banned and in exchange, the MLB would not press criminal charges against him. If he wants the Hall of Fame he should also take what comes with it: a criminal trial.

I'm stuck on the fence. Like i said, he was my all time favorite player. So for his playing abilities, I want him in. For what he did with the lying and ganbling..I hope he rots in his own personal hell.

Top Bottom