Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

People who try to provoke you

solarclimax

How do you deal with people who try to provoke a reaction out of you ? Say in order to make you angry and or look bad in front of other people. For instance if someone says something to you which they know will make you angry but at the same time they know that other people won't think anything of it and so if you react you will look bad.

I have even pulled them about it and said, you said such and such and you came across as though you where trying to provoke me, to which they answer "i don't know why you would think that as i wouldnt try to provoke a reaction out of you" why would i do that ? ect so on. Now as much as this seems like they are genuine and i have just got the wrong end of the stick. This is 100% not the case, this is just something they say.. Annoyingly sometimes they say things like this whilst smurking, when other people are around. Other people who think i'm a nice person. So i don't want to blow up with a bad reaction as it may seem as though i'm thinking something of nothing, and this low life will have made me look bad in front of others

The thing is in the past if i thought someone was doing that i would probably of attacked them, so i don't really know how to deal with it without violence. I really need suggestions, as i fear that the next time i see this person i may do them some damage.

Just ignore them completely. You can do in real life the same as on here with the ignore function. If someone tries intentionally to provoke me I typically cut them out of my life completely.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Thanks to those of you who managed a mature response.
The thing about cutting them out is that it's in a work enviroment and sometimes said person is unavoidable.

Any more suggestions ? please mature suggestions only.

Stop being a pussy and fist fuck this persons face. Some fucking people only understand vilonce. And it is your fear of looking like the bad guy, that gives these people the leverage they need to shit on you. Maybe not the mature response you were looking for, but a damn sure fire solution for this continuing to be a problem in your life. Fear is the same thing as Respect. Be fooled if you want.

How do you deal with people who try to provoke a reaction out of you ? Say in order to make you angry and or look bad in front of other people. For instance if someone says something to you which they know will make you angry but at the same time they know that other people won't think anything of it and so if you react you will look bad.

I have even pulled them about it and said, you said such and such and you came across as though you where trying to provoke me, to which they answer "i don't know why you would think that as i wouldnt try to provoke a reaction out of you" why would i do that ? ect so on. Now as much as this seems like they are genuine and i have just got the wrong end of the stick. This is 100% not the case, this is just something they say.. Annoyingly sometimes they say things like this whilst smurking, when other people are around. Other people who think i'm a nice person. So i don't want to blow up with a bad reaction as it may seem as though i'm thinking something of nothing, and this low life will have made me look bad in front of others

The thing is in the past if i thought someone was doing that i would probably of attacked them, so i don't really know how to deal with it without violence. I really need suggestions, as i fear that the next time i see this person i may do them some damage.[/quote

Dealing with Difficult People | Think Simple Now Dealing with Difficult People

Dealing with Difficult People | Psychology Today

Disarming Your Buttons: How Not to Get Provoked (Part 1 of 4) | Psychology Today

9 Useful Strategies to Dealing with Difficult People at Work - by Dumb Little Man

Top Bottom