Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

peeps with cat allergies

MM, I'm telling you...I've met cats that absolutely need people on an emotional level. You just have to take my word on that. And not just a couple of rare, extreme cases.

MM, I'm telling you...I've met cats that absolutely need people on an emotional level. You just have to take my word on that. And not just a couple of rare, extreme cases.
I don't deny that, but it's abnormal cat behavior, short and sweet. There's a perfectly good physiologic reason for it, but that doesn't make it natural.

It's been my observation that there are many people that don't really care for a cat that acts like a cat. They want a cat that acts dog-like. While that's fine for them, that's not a cat's true nature.

The truth is, most "cat crazy people" (and I do include myself in that category) don't know what a mature adult cat acts like. They have cats that were taken away from their mothers far too young that are neutered when the animals haven't even gone through adolescence. Most people think it's natural for a cat to be mentally in a state of perpetual late kittenhood, which makes it very affectionate and playful (as well as flaky and untrainable, most kittens have ADD). There is an enormous difference between the psychology of intact or late alters over early neutered cats.

I ran into the same thing when I owned ferrets. People would get these kits from the pet store, read a couple of books, and they knew ferrets. Then I'd haul out one of my unneutered hobs (breeding male ferret) and they'd literally say "What's that?" They don't even look like the same type of animal. Comparing a pet shop ferret to a privately bred adult ferret that's unneutered or neutered at the right age is like comparing bananas to pineapples. And cats are very much the same way, just as any other mammal. Just as there are physical differences caused by hormones, there are also psychological changes that happen, just as with us, look at the difference in how our minds operate as we mature from childhood to teenagers to young adult to mature adults.

Top Bottom