Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Panel Finds No 'Smoking Gun' in Probe of 9/11 Intelligence Failures

Steroid_Virgin

By Dana Priest and Juliet Eilperin
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, July 11, 2002; Page A01

After six months of culling through intelligence files and nearly a dozen closed-door hearings, the House-Senate intelligence committee investigating the Sept. 11 attacks has uncovered no single piece of information that, if properly analyzed, could have prevented the disaster, according to members of the panel.

"As far as I know, there is no smoking gun," Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.), a member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, said yesterday.

And the washington post has to be the most fucking liberal news paper in the US...

Frackel, Strongchick, and Ryan.... EAT IT

I didn't say that. I'm saying that it's possible to analyze MULTIPLE pieces of data, then POSSIBLY something could have been done.

oh well, we disagree then. I'm just speculating though. however I still just find it strange that the greatest country in the world with the most advanced intelligence infrastructure in the world got surprised. Especially with that one CIA agent talking about suspicious arabs taking flying lessons.

Steroid_Virgin said:
Thats what happens when you zero out the budget for military and defense spending... Thanks clinton/gore

Find annual budget funds allocated to the CIA, NSA, and FBI during Clintons 8 year US Presidential term and compare annual budget funds allocated to the NSA, CIA, and FBI during George Bush Snr's US Presidential term, and determine the average funding disparity between similar agencys during Clintons Presidency and Bush Snrs Presidency.

Id be surprised if former President Clinton reduced annual NSA, CIA, or FBI budgetary funding by >15% during his 8 year term as US President.

Regardless, the US Intelligence Community, specifically the NSA, administers a global communications surveillence network (http://cryptome.org/echelon-ep-fin.htm) whose operationally capabilities would have been largely uneffected by US Intelligence budgetary cuts intiated during Clintons Presidential term, if in fact, they did occur as you suggest. Ironically, foriegn intelligence information intercepted before sept 11th 2001 by the German Intelligence Agency, Canadian Intelligence Agency, UK Intelligence Agency, and Isreali Intelligence agency, suggesting an imminent and massive terrorist attack targeting US domestic civilian and military buildings, was gleaned from global communication intercepts collected by the Echelon survillence system.

Im with nb on this one.

Last edited:
What exactly makes the Senate Intelligence Committee a reliable source of unbiased information... this is laughable like the interview with former DCI John Deutch regarding the contra cocaine situation....would you really trust the CIA Inspector General to be the single invesigative entity in that situation? How is it any different here? Is this a case of the criminals policing themselves?

Top Bottom