Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Opening a Wine Bar/Restaurant/Bar

SC4EVA

Anyone have any experience in opening a place? If so can I get some information =)

Is there anywhere to read sample business plans, etc for this type of business?

BIGBUCK$ said:
i think this is the wrong place for business advice
watchoo talkin abour rob? Did you forget we are all fortune 500 business owners on this site?

every state has its own sba and each city with in that state will have a sba office
here is a link to the usa sba http://www.sba.gov/

the sba in each state and city has a group of business owners and experts working in them...they are there to help you and any one that wants to start up any type of business in there town or city...they have all kind of info from how to get grants to how to get your license's for parking,liquor and other things...they can help you find a place tell you how to get it up to codes..they can find you local food vender's set you up with contracts.

I would say its the first place any one should go that wants to open up a business in any town or city.

I have not started any business of my own but I have bin a large part in 3 deferent
start up Restaurants.I also have a Associate's degree in small business management,have bin a chef 13+years and served in the us army as a cook and went to there advanced culinary school in ft lee va.if there is any thing I can help with just ask.

My advice? Don't do it. Way too much stress/work/BS/risk.

My parents had a small tavern where I spent countless hours learning about all sorts of bizaare aspects of life. Few things I learned.

1. All drunks are assholes, specially the ones with designer clothing. High end drunks are generally nastier than the ones with shit on their boots and grease underneath their fingernails.

2. Having a business that is busiest when the rest of the world is celebrating SUCKS.

3. You can never truly leave such an establishment. Even when you aren't there, mentally you are there.

My Old Grump wanted to buy a local restaurant/hang-out for me to *give me something to do*. I told him NFW... Way too much headache and stress for me regardless of the amount of money it should generate. Lots of money in our area and no real quality place where the locals can go for good food, casual atmosphere and blowing off a bit of steam.

My husband has had a few restaurants back in the day, but it just isn't something I wanted to do.

But if that's what you really want to do... GOOD LUCK WITH IT! :) I hope you make a ton of dough and have fun while amassing your fortune.

needtogetaas said:
every state has its own sba and each city with in that state will have a sba office
here is a link to the usa sba http://www.sba.gov/

the sba in each state and city has a group of business owners and experts working in them...they are there to help you and any one that wants to start up any type of business in there town or city...they have all kind of info from how to get grants to how to get your license's for parking,liquor and other things...they can help you find a place tell you how to get it up to codes..they can find you local food vender's set you up with contracts.

I would say its the first place any one should go that wants to open up a business in any town or city.

I have not started any business of my own but I have bin a large part in 3 deferent
start up Restaurants.I also have a Associate's degree in small business management,have bin a chef 13+years and served in the us army as a cook and went to there advanced culinary school in ft lee va.if there is any thing I can help with just ask.
thanks bro..i needed that site too

BIKINIMOM said:
My advice? Don't do it. Way too much stress/work/BS/risk.

My parents had a small tavern where I spent countless hours learning about all sorts of bizaare aspects of life. Few things I learned.

1. All drunks are assholes, specially the ones with designer clothing. High end drunks are generally nastier than the ones with shit on their boots and grease underneath their fingernails.

2. Having a business that is busiest when the rest of the world is celebrating SUCKS.

3. You can never truly leave such an establishment. Even when you aren't there, mentally you are there.

My Old Grump wanted to buy a local restaurant/hang-out for me to *give me something to do*. I told him NFW... Way too much headache and stress for me regardless of the amount of money it should generate. Lots of money in our area and no real quality place where the locals can go for good food, casual atmosphere and blowing off a bit of steam.

My husband has had a few restaurants back in the day, but it just isn't something I wanted to do.

But if that's what you really want to do... GOOD LUCK WITH IT! :) I hope you make a ton of dough and have fun while amassing your fortune.
for some some people being raped up in it is what they want..its what would make them most happy...yes it will become your hole life so if that not what you want your life to be then dont do it...

Top Bottom