Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

for only the ones that have any type of brains will understand HEDONISM and swapping

knight69

Banned
Hedonism and Pleasure

Not all things pleasurable are hedonistic. It’s a pleasure to taste well-prepared food. It’s a pleasure to rest after a toilsome day. It’s a pleasure to know you’ve done a job well. In itself, pleasure is good. Pleasure is a part of God’s creation, of which he himself said was “very good” (Genesis 1:31). Moreover, the wise man of Old Testament times wrote that “there is nothing better for a man than that he should enjoy eat and drink, and make his soul enjoy good in his labor” (Ecclesiastes 2:24).

Yet pleasure, as a part of creation, is no more worthy of one’s total pursuit than is fame, riches or power. The pursuit of pleasure may, in fact, be harmful rather than beneficial. Jesus once told a parable about how the word of God, when planted in the hearts of some people, is choked by “cares and riches and pleasures of this life” (Luke 8:14). The pursuit of pleasure apart from godliness is like serving the creature rather than the Creator (Romans 1:25.)

The philosophy most associated with pleasure is that of ‘hedonism.’ The name of this philosophy comes from the ancient Greek word hedone which indicates pleasure. In ancient times, the philosophy of hedonism was promoted in various forms by Cyrenians and Epicureans. The Cyrenians tended to stress the licentious and restricted pleasures to those of the senses whereas the Epicureans, while acknowledging the pleasures of sex, put more emphasis on peace of mind and the absence of pain.

Modern philosophers such as Thomas Hobbs, Jeremy Bentham and John Stuart Mills have also defended hedonism. Hedonism is now often categorized in different ways. Psychological hedonism contends that as a matter of scientific fact, pleasure is man’s only motivation. Utilitarian hedonism contends that a person’s conduct should have as its goal the giving of pleasure to the greatest possible number of people. Egotistic hedonism restricts pleasure to that of a single person. Philosophical hedonism contends that moral conduct should seek the most pleasure with the least amount of pain. In any case, hedonism is not so much the doing of a specific act which grants pleasure (such as obtained through eating or sexual activity) as it is a way of life produced by the viewpoint that there is nothing more worthy of pursuit in life than that which gives pleasure.

Although Christians distinguish between those pleasures that are biblically moral from those that are Biblically immoral, there is no such distinction in hedonism. To a hedonist, whatever is considered pleasurable is considered morally good. Hedonism does not rely upon sources outside of man to determine what is pleasurable and what is not. In hedonism, as in humanism, “man is the measure of all things.” In hedonism, pleasure is the means by which man measures all things.

Uhhhh...I don't care who you let bang your wife, buddy. More power to ya.

Some foods taste like ass to me.
I don't like the smell of dog poop on my shoe.
I don't like the thought of some other dude's dick in my significant other.

Now pardon me, I'm about to miss the short bus...

casavant said:
Uhhhh...I don't care who you let bang your wife, buddy. More power to ya.

Some foods taste like ass to me.
I don't like the smell of dog poop on my shoe.
I don't like the thought of some other dude's dick in my significant other.

Now pardon me, I'm about to miss the short bus...

I'm with this guy. Right next to him on his short bus.

pizza man... what kind of reply are you looking for? you listed several philosophies that dealt with pleasure and goodness... and a very very brief explanation of them... whatchoo want man?

are you going to use philosophy to find out the ethical "right or wrong" with the wife swapping stuff??? i dont get it. is it your stance that what you and your wife do, since it gives pleasure with little to no pain (i hope) to a number of people, is right? are you a utilitarian?

ok, i read the "topic"... so that is your stance... you are saying that

- since your wife swapping gives pleasure to all involved with little to no pain

then it is acceptable and "ok" to do, ethically...

now, i ask you this...

what if your wife has family... say a father, mother, brother, etc... that care dearly for her... and if they were to find out about the swapping it would destroy them inside... they would feel she was being used, she was just an object to you, a toy... that basically she was a dirty worthless slut (stay with me, i'm not attacking what you do, or your wife as a person)... what if that information of your swapping hurt them deep down... for life...

how can your happiness be more important than her families heartache/hurt that was caused by what you are doing? even if the family does not know what is going on you have to look deep down and say "what if they did"... it doesnt just have to be her family, it could be friends, neighbors, etc... anyone that your actions can "hurt"...

see, the one problem using "hedons" to measure things... how do you rate them??? what is more important? and to who? hedons cannot be universal, what is important to me (football) may not be important to you.. and vice versa.... its all subjective.

mad bomber 31 < YOU ARE RIGHT! and w/ your reply you are 1 of the very few that now has earned my respect. You made ME even think for a moment . thank you. check your p.m in about 5 mins.

Top Bottom