Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Online Dating

interesting question...how would this effect traditional methods?, whats your view/concept?

the elemets taken away are the fact that online dating removes most of the senses we normally use when we encounter the opposite sex, whom we find attractive...
you have only a marginal visual experience and the rest is cerebral until at which point you both decide to meet in person.
this can be an uncomfortable situation, and at least 50% of the time, it turns out to be a no go...but the positive side is that you can weed thru prospects very rapidly and at little financial obligation....

PBR said:
the elemets taken away are the fact that online dating removes most of the senses we normally use when we encounter the opposite sex, whom we find attractive...
you have only a marginal visual experience and the rest is cerebral until at which point you both decide to meet in person.
this can be an uncomfortable situation, and at least 50% of the time, it turns out to be a no go...but the positive side is that you can weed thru prospects very rapidly and at little financial obligation....
It´s sort of tough on people who look bad on paper/picture but are just damn smooth. we all have a friend who dates above his league because hes got the body language and the chat. He´d suffer in this environment.

Hiatussin said:
It´s sort of tough on people who look bad on paper/picture but are just damn smooth. we all have a friend who dates above his league because hes got the body language and the chat. He´d suffer in this environment.
and the flip side, you can be smooth on the screen and be a nightmare in person...

In a study reported on CBS News, 15% of Americans with internet access have visited an internet dating site. 27% of them were 18-29 years old. Obviously online dating is a popular pastime.

The same study showed that 33% of unmarried internet users thought that dating online was a safe way to meet people although 34% acknowledged knowing someone who had a bad experience.

The truth is many individuals find the anonymity of online dating encourages a certain amount of exaggeration or lying. While some claim that we always hide things at the beginning of a relationship, trying to put our best foot forward, the internet makes it easier to hide such things as facial expressions, income, marital status and even criminal records.

Guess I'm a lucky one! I met the man of my dreams over the internet and wolud not have wanted to met him any other way. WE spoke on the phone and over web came for 2 months before we met face to face.

Honestly meeting people over the internet is a good way to do things,there is always an ON and OFF button if you don't like them!

I dont know if id want to chat online before meeting. id just pick a girl by her profile site and ask to meet up and if she agrees, just meet up all fresh.

Well he was miles away so I had to wait for him to get back to the east coast. If that was not the case I would have met him sooner!!

Top Bottom