Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ONE reason to die and ONE reason not to.

decem said:
BI.. you can't say that you won't care about satisfying your curiosity of the past, present, and future when you die.. nor can you say that you'll finally be at ease from whatever ails you.
how do you figure? I can assure you that when i die, I'm not going to give two shits who's going to win the next world series or when they're going to find a cure for cancer.Really.
and how can one be sure that dying wouldn't actually prove to be a better strategy when it comes to taking care of one who loves you and needs you?Oh if you're selfish then sure it's a great strategy to get away from the time expense of taking care of that person, but if you really love the person, then I'm quite sure you'd want to stick around and care for them.

same goes for Nicole.. what's to say that not causing someone pain is not the best thing for them? and what's to say that with death comes painlessness? Dude if you're trying to argue your philosphies, you could at least let it be known in your post. Arguing philosophies is an entire waste of time, it's all a matter of opinion on abstract topics, and after you're all said and done, you come out no more knowledgable than when you started. You asked for reasons, I gave them to you, there you go, don't try arguing your opinions cause I could care less what YOU think of MY thoughts on the matter.

havoc.. i might check it out.. recommend any cd or song in particular?

what do you guys think the chances of being a "mod" are after dying? good?

thx nicole. i can see where you're coming from.

decem said:
as boach said.. i think alot of people are scared of the uncertainty.. and to me that's not all that pathetic. while i, like you, am anxious to experience what death brings, i can certainly understand those who fear not being in control of their "fate"..

Everyone's afraid of the unknown. If they say otherwise, I firmly believe they're not being honest. It's human nature--hell, it's universal nature.

Burning_Inside said:

You're a typical example of modernized man. Why is everyone so afraid of death? It's inevitable. Accept it and get over it. No worldy posessions will mean diddly squat when you're dead. Money means shit, food means shit, the way your body looks means shit, and whatever you've done in your life means shit (so I believe anyway). That's actually a sad outlook that you're afraid of, and don't welcome death. But it's to be expected in this modern age. No other civilization ever in the history of man feared death. So many civilizations today don't fear it either. I'm not afraid of death, but I'm anxious of what lies beyond. It just boggles my mind that so many people today are just afraid of death or don't want to die.

Why does it boggle your mind that people dont want to die?

Life expectancy continues to rise dramatically, look at the transition from 1900 - 2000 and observe the medical advances.

Nanotechnology will be as revolutionary as the wheel in my opinion. Im not ashamed to say that I dont want to die, should I be?

"No other civilization ever in the history of man feared death"

Can I please get some references?

I can assure you that when i die, I'm not going to give two shits who's going to win the next world series or when they're going to find a cure for cancer.Really.

yet.. in your first post you said "Reason to die: To finally see what's beyond life." which would mean that you really can't assure me that you will or won't give a shit about after you die, as you're not even sure what happens after life.. right?

Oh if you're selfish then sure it's a great strategy to get away from the time expense of taking care of that person, but if you really love the person, then I'm quite sure you'd want to stick around and care for them.

since you're the one that'd want to stick around and care for them, wouldn't YOU be the selfish one?

Dude if you're trying to arge your philosphies, you could at least let it be known in your post. Arguing philosophies is an entire waste of time, it's all a matter of opinion on abstract topics, and after you're all said and done, you come out no more knowledgable than when you started. You asked for reasons, I gave them to you, there you go, don't try arguing your opinions cause I could care less what YOU think of MY thoughts on the matter.

what's this? do as i say but not as i do? how could you so quickly forget what you just wrote to bonecruncher.. DOH!!

besides.. i'm not arguing people's philosophies.. i'm helping them explore them as i too explore my own.

Advantages to being dead - you can

Be frozen

Be incinerated

Be mummified

Be composted

Slowly decompose

Stink

That's it. That's all you can do. That's why being dead really sucks. Given the choice—and I fervently hope I am—I would prefer to keep living for as long as possible.

BoneCruncher said:

Why does it boggle your mind that people dont want to die?

Life expectancy continues to rise dramatically, look at the transition from 1900 - 2000 and observe the medical advances.who cares? You're evntually going to die. It's natural.

Nanotechnology will be as revolutionary as the wheel in my opinion. Im not ashamed to say that I dont want to die, should I be? No, like I said, it's natural and understandable for people these days who aren't in tune with life and spirituality. you just have a supreme lust for the tangible, and just haven't opened your mind to what's beyond yet. It's like this. If you KNEW that your car was going to blow up next week, would you really care all that much if your new paint job gets all scratched on it, say, a day before it's going to happen?

"No other civilization ever in the history of man feared death"

Can I please get some references?
No, you get no references. But put it this way, you know as well as I do, and please don't play stupid, that many many many (maybe not all, but you get my drift) older civilizations knew about death, and understood death, and when it was there time to go, they went. Only a fool runs from the inevitable. Quick tip, it's gonna happen so start accepting it..

BoneCruncher said:
Advantages to being dead - you can

Be frozen

Be incinerated

Be mummified

Be composted

Slowly decompose

Stink

That's it. That's all you can do. That's why being dead really sucks. Given the choice—and I fervently hope I am—I would prefer to keep living for as long as possible.

i like where you're going with this one.. you do have a really good point.. since one does not and never will know exactly what lies beyond death, one could never assume that they would find any more joy, humor, happiness, contentment with death than they would with life, and if they cannot, then what's so wrong with doing everything possible to preserve and lengthen the time spent alive where the future can reasonably be predicted, life can be moderately controlled, one can be content?

Burning_Inside said:
No, you get no references. But put it this way, you know as well as I do, and please don't play stupid, that many many many (maybe not all, but you get my drift) older civilizations knew about death, and understood death, and when it was there time to go, they went. Only a fool runs from the inevitable. Quick tip, it's gonna happen so start accepting it..

um... am i the only one that sees that he just tried lecturing me on arguing philosophies.. yet continues to do it himself??

and since you don't care about my thoughts on the matter.. why do you think he would care about yours?

decem said:
I can assure you that when i die, I'm not going to give two shits who's going to win the next world series or when they're going to find a cure for cancer.Really.

yet.. in your first post you said "Reason to die: To finally see what's beyond life." which would mean that you really can't assure me that you will or won't give a shit about after you die, as you're not even sure what happens after life.. right?Just to clarify waht I meant for you Mr. Overanalyzation....I wasn't talking about what goes on in the material world after I die. I'm talking about what lies beyond death. Not what goes on here.

Oh if you're selfish then sure it's a great strategy to get away from the time expense of taking care of that person, but if you really love the person, then I'm quite sure you'd want to stick around and care for them.

since you're the one that'd want to stick around and care for them, wouldn't YOU be the selfish one?I'm being selfish by hoping to stave off my own death to help someone in need? Decem, you're a complete fool sometimes. .

Dude if you're trying to arge your philosphies, you could at least let it be known in your post. Arguing philosophies is an entire waste of time, it's all a matter of opinion on abstract topics, and after you're all said and done, you come out no more knowledgable than when you started. You asked for reasons, I gave them to you, there you go, don't try arguing your opinions cause I could care less what YOU think of MY thoughts on the matter.

what's this? do as i say but not as i do? how could you so quickly forget what you just wrote to bonecruncher.. DOH!!I'm not arguing philosophies with bonecrusher, I'm argueing fact. Get over it Decem, don't try and twist shit around to make yourself look hi and mighty. Fact is you're going to die, Bonecrusher needs to realize it, and at the least I'm trying to let him know this now so he can get over it sooner in life. DOH!!

besides.. i'm not arguing people's philosophies.. i'm helping them explore them as i too explore my own. Uhh, yeah. I don't need your help in exploring your PHILOSOPHY, as I choose not to go there in the first place. Like I said, stop arguing it. That's not what I posted on this thread for.

Top Bottom