Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Older women...honest answers

kitKat

This has been really bugging me lately and I need some honest answers.

When a woman you have never met says she is 35 or more years old do you automatically think, over the hill, granny, matronly and of totally no interest or otherwise?? How about when you are talking to a pretty hot looking lady and somehow you find out she is 35 years old or more....then your reaction?

Ever since my last birthday( I am 36) I have been kinda depressed. I think I look young and I feel young.....but the world acts like a woman over the age of 35 has had it.

it depends on how that person acts.. i know a woman that was 32 when i met her and i thought she was 40 because of the way she acted and dressed.

and these days everyone looks younger than the generation before them at the same age... i think.

I'd bang you.

Seriously, have you been married before? That's one thing I take into consideration when dating an older woman. If they haven't then that sometimes raises a flag with me. If they have I really don't worry about that because chances are they won't want to get married anytime soon.

Other then that, who cares? If you feel good, and look good, screw what everyone else thinks.

Age is totally a state of mind. I am also 36, though by an act of God (and my tendency towards zits) I have a youthful face. I worry constantly about wrinkles and such - e.g. I use the "bags under the eyes" stuff from Clinique, but I still use clearasil. I am also a convert to about 80% of the stuff I learned from this holistic nutritionist I worked with this summer. I definitely see that I dont' recover from all-night study sessions like I used to, but at the same time, I DONT" HAVE TO ANYMORE!

The differences I do see are my tolerance for the club scene - last year around the time of my first competition, post boob job and 10% bf, I was the hottest thing to hit the strip and I couldnt wear a skimpy enough outfit. Frankly I was gettign some funny looks from the 20-something girls! I even started dabbling in the recreational side of life a little more -- figured at least now I could afford my own bail! (ITS A JOKE!!!!!!). But I also noticed that so many of those kids that I partied with would party until they were stupid and I usually ended up babysitting them, driving them home, paying for food so they could sober up a little. I was like, how come I made it through that whole period of my life without being stupid like that and I still party that hard, except I know when to stop???? GAWD.

I worry about being to old to have kids safely. I worry about growing old alone. I think the only thing that makes me feel my age is the biological clock. It is the only thing in my life that I dont' have control over or a choice about. Sure, I could do fertility drugs or whatever if it was that important, but I'm not willing to be a mom at all costs. More like, I just want to have the choice to have it all. The day is not too far off when I won't have that choice. Then I will have to make some decisions about how I want to live the rest of my life. Being an aunt to my nephew or a mom to someone else's kids vs. see what sort of child I can produce and what traits will I pass on.

Otherwise, I can look at other friends of mine who are my age, and for many of them, I just feel like saying "Jesus girl, hit the gym -- you're looking 40-somethin!" I"m fighting age every inch of the way. But I think I know the secret to aging and it involves living life to its fullest every day. I know a couple who are both well into their 80s but they still have a 5 am tee time and 4:20 PM means time to set up for happy hour.

I'll feel old when I can't do splits anymore for my lifting warm ups.

UNTIL THEN ...... catch me if u can.

Nine itmes out of 10, I would rather be around a 36 year old than a 26 year old as far as conversation and perspective. My best guy friend is 37.

What often discourages me is that a lot of women that are 36 and single do not want to stay that way. I am not saying that is you, but surely you know what I speak of. This can make developing a relationship kinda tough.

Other than that I think older women are great.

kitKat said:
This has been really bugging me lately and I need some honest answers.

When a woman you have never met says she is 35 or more years old do you automatically think, over the hill, granny, matronly and of totally no interest or otherwise?? How about when you are talking to a pretty hot looking lady and somehow you find out she is 35 years old or more....then your reaction?

Ever since my last birthday( I am 36) I have been kinda depressed. I think I look young and I feel young.....but the world acts like a woman over the age of 35 has had it.

Age as nothing to do with it (well only a part). It is better (woman or man) to be 36 and be in the shape of your life then 26 and look like shit. You know 20-30 pound overweight, fat all over.
Futhermore you shouldn't be depressed. The problem is younger people always think you are older, and when those same people have your age then they find 46 older, then 56. It goes on and on.
Younger people (younger then you) and no mather at what age, always think they have the right age.

You should stop feeling depressed and fight back.

Well I have been fighting aging it for sometime. I spent my twenties being married (happily at the time) and having children. I would say I am in better shape now then ever. In my head I know I should not be down....I think sometimes things can just get to you and you know they shouldn't but they do.

Smalls your are a sweetie cause I know you know what I look like!!!

Sassy, I know what you mean about the wrinkles...I have very few myself and trying to keep them at bay. BTW you sound like a total blast to be around!!

Sassy69 said:
Age is totally a state of mind. I am also 36, though by an act of God (and my tendency towards zits) I have a youthful face. I worry constantly about wrinkles and such - e.g. I use the "bags under the eyes" stuff from Clinique, but I still use clearasil. I am also a convert to about 80% of the stuff I learned from this holistic nutritionist I worked with this summer. I definitely see that I dont' recover from all-night study sessions like I used to, but at the same time, I DONT" HAVE TO ANYMORE!

The differences I do see are my tolerance for the club scene - last year around the time of my first competition, post boob job and 10% bf, I was the hottest thing to hit the strip and I couldnt wear a skimpy enough outfit. Frankly I was gettign some funny looks from the 20-something girls! I even started dabbling in the recreational side of life a little more -- figured at least now I could afford my own bail! (ITS A JOKE!!!!!!). But I also noticed that so many of those kids that I partied with would party until they were stupid and I usually ended up babysitting them, driving them home, paying for food so they could sober up a little. I was like, how come I made it through that whole period of my life without being stupid like that and I still party that hard, except I know when to stop???? GAWD.

I worry about being to old to have kids safely. I worry about growing old alone. I think the only thing that makes me feel my age is the biological clock. It is the only thing in my life that I dont' have control over or a choice about. Sure, I could do fertility drugs or whatever if it was that important, but I'm not willing to be a mom at all costs. More like, I just want to have the choice to have it all. The day is not too far off when I won't have that choice. Then I will have to make some decisions about how I want to live the rest of my life. Being an aunt to my nephew or a mom to someone else's kids vs. see what sort of child I can produce and what traits will I pass on.

Otherwise, I can look at other friends of mine who are my age, and for many of them, I just feel like saying "Jesus girl, hit the gym -- you're looking 40-somethin!" I"m fighting age every inch of the way. But I think I know the secret to aging and it involves living life to its fullest every day. I know a couple who are both well into their 80s but they still have a 5 am tee time and 4:20 PM means time to set up for happy hour.

I'll feel old when I can't do splits anymore for my lifting warm ups.

UNTIL THEN ...... catch me if u can.
I can relate to most things you said. I look 33 but am older by several years. I felt the same as when I was 25 until this year. In fact I was lying in bed this morning wondering what I did with my life. It has been very full but without family it just seems to miss something. I also worry about becoming old and alone here lately. I think women develop a biological need for children in their 30's.

Top Bottom