Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OK this is where I ask for advice from you about....CELL PHONES

Lumberg

So my contract is up in about ten days and it's time to select a new cell phone cos my current one is fine but a) a little slow and b) the battery doesn't hold a charge. It's a Moto Q9 or 9Q or whatever. I like the nav and the ability to read emails on it.

I have Verizon and I plan on keeping them.

I have the data plan and I pay for the Nav.

Some options I'm looking at are the Blackberry Storm 9530 which I know has issues but for $30 it's a great deal. Also the Motorola DROID but parts are almost impossible to get for it. I think that would come to $100 though if I wait ten days so that's pretty good. I'm also kind looking at the HTC Touch Pro 2. I like the idea of a touch screen AND a slide out QWERTY keyboard. One nice thing about the DROID is that it has Google maps built in so I'll save $240 (minus some for inflation) over the course of the contract cos I won't have to pay for the Nav function.

I guess that goes for any Android platform that has Google maps capability

I just went through the same ordeal. I am also with Verizon. I ended up getting a Droid and I am very happy. My second choice was the Blackberry Storm (can't remember the number but I was looking at the most recent one).

Verizon right now has a special so if you get the Droid (or Blackberry) you get another phone free which was nice.

The Droid has a much bigger screen, a 5.0 digital camera, more memory and functionality is much better. The videos I snap are top notch too. Everything is customizable which is also much better than a Blackberry. Blackberry has more apps and it is easier to get stuff for it but overall the Droid better when it comes to the technology.

With the rebate and renewal of my contract I got the Droid for $100.

I also got it because surfing EF is not possible at work because they block it and I wanted an nice screen to view webpages. :)

I have verizon and sprint (one work and one personal) and they are pretty much the same thing but sprint is way cheaper... phones are pretty much identical.

I had the HTC touch 2 and I fucking hated it. I returned it before my 30 days were up. was glitchy as hell and the "touchscreen" isn't really touchscreen. You have to use a stylus which is annoying as hell when you are use to 1 hand navigation.

I just went through the same ordeal. I am also with Verizon. I ended up getting a Droid and I am very happy. My second choice was the Blackberry Storm (can't remember the number but I was looking at the most recent one).

Verizon right now has a special so if you get the Droid (or Blackberry) you get another phone free which was nice.

The Droid has a much bigger screen, a 5.0 digital camera, more memory and functionality is much better. The videos I snap are top notch too. Everything is customizable which is also much better than a Blackberry. Blackberry has more apps and it is easier to get stuff for it but overall the Droid better when it comes to the technology.

With the rebate and renewal of my contract I got the Droid for $100.

I also got it because surfing EF is not possible at work because they block it and I wanted an nice screen to view webpages. :)

That's really helpful, thanks. My question is, is the DROID 3x better than the Blackberry Storm 9530? Hard to justify paying three times as much unless it can DO 3x as much.

Top Bottom