Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OK, so a Bulldog puppy is about $2,000.

patsfan1379 said:
I know I want a cool puppy though :(
American Bulldogs are a LOT cooler (WAY more fun) than British Bulldogs, and without a fraction of the health problems.

Next in line would be Staffordshire Terriers (they are one of the founding breeds of pit bulls).

And then there's the Bull Terrier, that's another fun dog, very cool, and again, WAY less health problems.

One of the reasons English bulls are so expensive is they cost money right out of the chute, literally. The breed is so fucked up the pups usually are only born via artificial insemination and then C-section (they're heads are that oversized), so the breeder factors that into the puppy costs. Also a HUGE amount of them are born with hip dysplasia, again, the buyer carries the cost of the pups that can't be sold.

Forget about cool when thinking about a pet. Make a social statement with your car, your home, how you dress, the people you socialize with, but your pet should be your friend and companion, not a fashion accessory. You can find a very good friend in any rescue or shelter. If that doesn't appeal to you, then maybe you're really thinking of getting an animal for the wrong reasons.

Oh, I totally forgot about this, Bulldogs fart like you wouldn't believe, seriously.

Check this link out, pick a dog, then go to the review of that dog. Very honest, very straightforward (it's what reminded me about Bulldog flatulence ... my sister in law had one, bastard could clear a room in record time).

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/dogbreeds/

Sassy69 said:
YOu can get a cat for $35 at the animal rescue shelter :kitty:

bless you Sassy
A dog can also be adopted at any animal rescue shelter. There are THOUSANDS of breeds to chose from.
You can also google boxer or bulldog rescue networks for your area and adopt a loving dog

I paid 1800 for my bulldog when she was a pup,shes almost 4 now.Im planning on selling her as im moving into an apt and would sell her for what i paid.Im in ohio and 1800 is about the going rate here

Maybe the dogs they were selling were show quality dogs. Unless you are going to show the dog, I don't see paying that much for a dog. I would let the breeders know that you are interested in pet quality dogs, which should cost you much, much less.

I found a breeder selling bulldogs for 700.

not a bad price at all.

I have heard that sterility is an issue with english bulldogs hence the steep prices.

shogun1 said:
I paid 1800 for my bulldog when she was a pup,shes almost 4 now.Im planning on selling her as im moving into an apt and would sell her for what i paid.Im in ohio and 1800 is about the going rate here

that is fucked up! How can you love an animal for 4 years then sell it?!
Guess some ppl are just born without a heart........:-(

shogun1 said:

At least you get your investment back... :rolleyes:
Just wrong!

Just splurged on another i know its sad..once you have owned one your doomed. Picked up the all white this weekend

Tank is 2.5yrs old 64 lbs
394.jpg

T1.jpg

Gertie 12 weeks 16.5lbs
g5.jpg

g2.jpg

Not proud we forked out that kind of coin... we went to a shelter for a 2nd dog, could not find one without problems. Drove 6 hours this weekend to pick up Gertie.... lifes short .

Top Bottom