Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OK, so a Bulldog puppy is about $2,000.

patsfan1379 said:
I checked them out. I would love to do that but I don't have faith in myself to give the dog everything he needs for a comfortable life if he has numerous health problems or behavior problems which are mostly what they were where I looked.

I'm really looking for a lazy, cool dog that doesn't require a huge amount of activity time. Bulldogs, Bloodhounds and Basset Hounds are what I'm looking at...

Bulldogs can have some serious health issues which I think offsets their basically lazy nature. A friend had one on the rig and was always having some type of health problem. Great dog though, he always attacked the tires on the forklift. He ended up dying of heat stroke while under a friend's care.

Blood hounds are pretty cool, a guy at the gym used to bring his in all the time.

BTW all dogs require a pretty substantial amount of time. I would say volunteer some time at the local shelter or rescue to see if you really want one. you get to see a ton of animals and work/play with them and you don't have take them with you.

mountain muscle said:
Bulldogs can have some serious health issues which I think offsets their basically lazy nature. A friend had one on the rig and was always having some type of health problem. Great dog though, he always attacked the tires on the forklift. He ended up dying of heat stroke while under a friend's care.

Blood hounds are pretty cool, a guy at the gym used to bring his in all the time.

BTW all dogs require a pretty substantial amount of time. I would say volunteer some time at the local shelter or rescue to see if you really want one. you get to see a ton of animals and work/play with them and you don't have take them with you.

I agree with the time commitment. I'm still trying to figure out if I will have the time to dedicate to him. I work all day then hit the gym and I don't get home until almost 7:30pm. I'd hate to have him all alone during the day.

I suppose I could bring him to the gym, and perhaps to work every once in a while.

How much is this one worth? :chomp:

pitbull.jpg

Don't dismiss the rescues, seriously. The dogs that end up in pedigreed rescues are not necessarily there because of health or behavioral problems. Purebred animals often have exaggerated personalities traits that are acceptable (even desired) norms for their breed. A lot of people get pedigreed animals thinking they are just like any other mutt, and that is NOT always the case. Bulldogs are one of those breeds that, personality wise, are not for everyone.

And in terms of health problems, at least with a rescued dog you KNOW what you're getting. You get a puppy, you could run into ANYTHING down the road and then you're locked in because you've come to love the animal. Dog have been given up for something as silly as a food allergy and just need a special diet (and yes, some pet owners are THAT lazy and cheap).

what do you do....give him juice with his food lol

A breeder will cost you less then that...just remebr the medical bills are high for them

Gymgurl said:
what do you do....give him juice with his food lol

A breeder will cost you less then that...just remebr the medical bills are high for them

I know I want a cool puppy though :(

Top Bottom