Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oily skin/Skin Probs... another skin-care thread!

dasgh

Maybe you could go to dermatoligist and get a prescription for tetracycline or accutane. I had to start that in 3rd grade (ya, i matured quick) and it helped a lot. If you have a choice though, stay away from the accutane. It dries you up so bad it hurts. Sounds like you'd just need a milder solution anyway. You could also try vitamin A but dont go overboard as it can be toxic in large quantities.

For the shine thing, I believe there are prepackaged pads that come in individual pouches that you could just take with you anywhere and rub your face down right quick to get rid of the shine. Hope this helped some....

You might consider a 1% topical solution of ALA. A lot of guys are getting good results from oral ingestion as well. (alpha lipoic acid)

Nuetrogena oil skin wash. Comes in an orange tube, use it on my shoulders and face twice a day, keeps me oil free.

Whiskey

Darktooth said:
dasgh, thanks for that info

Machine, where can I get the 1% solution of ALA? I woulda never though that could work for your skin.

BTW - I do not have very bad acne, it's barely noticable, except for the red under the skin blemishes that have never gone away.

Well, you'd probably just buy the powdered product and put it in some sort of base yourself. Ingesting it (1500 mgs/day?) would probably be easier...

I started doing a little research on ALA since all of the recent interest on the anabolic board. A lot of the guys had anecdotally found their skin getting better, and sure enough, I ran across an abstract that talked about the skin care topical application.

I was on accutane for 3 months and it worked well. The side were a bitch, plus I was "on" at the time.

However, I have been taking 4 grams or B-5 a day for 3 weeks, and I am clearer than I have ever been. It cleared up my shoulders and the few I had on my chest are almost gone.

B5 has worked better than even accutane and it is safe and does many other things for your body. I would say hiot the B5 bro.

B5 is good stuff it worked well for me however it isnt doing anything for the stuff on my shoulders, which i never had until i started hitting the weights seriously.

B5 also reduces the effects of fatigue................

Has anyone got any tips for getting rid of them on your shoulders?

What about salt baths, any good?

Thanks and bump!

Sometimes scrubbing your face too hard (ie. with the loofah or a wash cloth) can irritate the skin and caused increased break outs. It's better to use a light touch when cleansing so as to not make a bad situation worse.

Top Bottom