Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nuggets coach suspended 4 games for calling a Mexican a Mexican

BaBa-BooeY

Denver Nuggets coach suspended for four games for shouting ethnic remark at fan
DENVER (AP) - Basketball's Denver Nuggets suspended coach Dan Issel without pay for four games Wednesday over a shouting match with a fan.

Issel used an ethnic slur and profanity during the exchange Tuesday that was caught on videotape by a TV station.

"Dan Issel for his remark last night will be suspended without pay for four games. If you add that up on what Dan makes per game that is a very severe penalty," general manager Kiki Vandeweghe said. "Does it fix the situation? I think only time fixes the situation."

At a news conference, a visibly upset Issel apologized for the remarks, calling them an "uncaring and un-Christian-like comment."

The fan had apparently shouted at Issel as the coach left the court. It was unclear what the fan said to provoke Issel

That is pretty petty in my opinion.

Would he have been suspended had the guy been from America and he called him "American"? I doubt it.

he called him a piece of shit mexican. You watch the spic will try and sue him now for damages.

Mexicans....that's nada

How about all the fucking Asians on the boards. The chinaman, the slope, kung fu, bruce lee.

I would love to see a photo of these dudes. I have only done a cycle of codone and I would fucking pound them.

Here is what was said......

DENVER -- Denver Nuggets coach Dan Issel was suspended for four games by the team Wednesday for shouting a profanity and insensitive ethnic remark at a fan.

Issel made the remarks as he walked off the court after a 99-96 loss to the Charlotte Hornets on Tuesday night. The coach responded to a taunt from the fan by yelling back, "Go drink another beer, you Mexican ...," adding an expletive at the end of the sentence.

The exchange was caught on videotape by KUSA-TV.

Team general manager Kiki Vandeweghe called the penalty "very severe."

"We take this very seriously," he said. "Does it fix the situation? I think only time fixes the situation."

Issel makes just over $28,000 a game, so the suspension will cost the coach more than $112,000, Vandeweghe said.

Top Bottom