Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No car payment or new car???

TC2

My Jeep is just about paid off with only 64,000 miles on it.

I can't make up my mind if I should buy a new car or just keep the jeep and pocket the extra money each month.

I just don't trust american cars enough to keep it for much longer, little things are starting to go wrong with it. plus the longer I wait the more it depreaciates, plus gas is killing me right now and I'd like to get someting alittle more modern since the style and technology of my 2000 Jeep cherokee has not changed in like 20 years.

what to do..what to do.

i'd save the money if you can stretch another year on it or so. think new = insurance change as well.

bignate73 said:
i'd save the money if you can stretch another year on it or so. think new = insurance change as well.

I thought about that but it will only increase my insurance by $15 bucks a month.

Gas is killing me right now, I spend $50 a week easily and that's really just driving back and forth to work which is just under 24 miles round trip.

I would go for something with better gas mileage that will last a long ass time like honda or toyota.

Buy back the jeep/fun vehicle when you are more financially set.

chewyxrage said:
I would go for something with better gas mileage that will last a long ass time like honda or toyota.

Buy back the jeep/fun vehicle when you are more financially set.

I've been seriously considering a 2006 Honda Civic, I test drove one the other day and they are fun to drive plus they get like 40 mpg.

TC2 said:
I've been seriously considering a 2006 Honda Civic, I test drove one the other day and they are fun to drive plus they get like 40 mpg.

A mazda protege is just as good, but significantly cheaper.

I disagree about a mazda being as good as a honda but thats for another day.

I reccomend no new car...stick it out for as long as you can. The extra money will be nice. You could take 3 vacations next year instead of a new car...assuming no car repairs

letsrun4it said:
I disagree about a mazda being as good as a honda but thats for another day.

I reccomend no new car...stick it out for as long as you can. The extra money will be nice. You could take 3 vacations next year instead of a new car...assuming no car repairs

That's just it, my experience with american cars is that around 70,000 miles they start falling apart. big stuff too, like whole transmissions going out, shit like that.

I have a feeling that I won't be pocketing any money, that it will just start going to repairs.

Top Bottom