Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NewYears=Resolutions=10x the dumb f#@ks in my gym

bigbair

I gotta vent, so bear with me... :chomp:

Seems as though the population in my gym multiplied by 10 from pre-new years to this monday. Problem is that I got more dumb shit, wanna be bad ass, fucktard kids in my gym this week than what has every walked through the door before.

An example: I was finishing up some post workout cardio last night, which is at an elevated position in the gym, when in walks three dudes. These three were all in jeans and armless t-shirts, probably late teens/early 20s. No warm up, no stretching, just a trip to the water fountain and then straight to the shoulder press bench.

The first guy used two ten pound weights and went for a stunning six reps. His buddy then used 205 for an impressive 4 reps. Figuring that was enough messing around, they went for the big bucks and each put all the weight they could manage (225 being the most), plus 15 lbs on the bar and strained out a single rep each.

And don't get me wrong, these were half-reps which consisted of a slight bending of the elbows and then a massive strain to lock out the arms.

Did I mention that they took time between each set (of which there were only two) to pace back and forth in front of the mirror with this 'billy bad ass' look on their face?

Figuring they had more or less mastered this lift, they proceeded to do dumbell shoulder presses and maybe some shrugs before I had all I could watch.

The only solice I have is that these kids will all burn out within the first ten days. And its not that I have a problem with beginners or anyone who wants to better themselves through weight training. But the manner in which you approach it and your desire or ability to do it RIGHT does say something about you as a person. On the other hand, the door does swing both ways because I have noticed some new trim in the gym that hadn't been there before :)

Anyhow, I had to post this up where it would get read. I feel better already.

This is Big Bear
I am out.

You are just hating on them because they are going to be ripped for spring break. :D

I feel ya brotha. I used to manage a couple gyms and it was always the same at this time of the year. I always got a good laugh though. Yesterday while I was training I saw too many women wearing the '80's spandex and half tops where their guts were hanging over their shorts and their ass was trying desperately to burst out from it's nylon prison. It's ridiculous! How could you possibly think you look good in that??? Someone needs to be a friend to these women and tell them the truth. And then of course you have the guys that are pasty white with a plethora of body hair wearing shorts with their balls hanging out and a 20 year old "Y" back tank top strutting around trying to pick up broads! What a joke. I won't even go into to their "toning" exercises. Where they all do abs at 50 different angles thinking that the 30 pounds they're carrying around their waist will magically disappear. :rolleyes:

Makavelli said:
I feel ya brotha. I used to manage a couple gyms and it was always the same at this time of the year. I always got a good laugh though. Yesterday while I was training I saw too many women wearing the '80's spandex and half tops where their guts were hanging over their shorts and their ass was trying desperately to burst out from it's nylon prison. It's ridiculous! How could you possibly think you look good in that??? Someone needs to be a friend to these women and tell them the truth. And then of course you have the guys that are pasty white with a plethora of body hair wearing shorts with their balls hanging out and a 20 year old "Y" back tank top strutting around trying to pick up broads! What a joke. I won't even go into to their "toning" exercises. Where they all do abs at 50 different angles thinking that the 30 pounds they're carrying around their waist will magically disappear. :rolleyes:
Just stay focussed and keep your head down. They'll all be gone in a fortnight. Think of it this way: their annual subscription helps to pay for your new weights.

Makavelli said:

Yeah, I like how they attack their workouts with such intensity. I mean shit, some of these guys haven't touched a weight since Nixon was in office and they think that going balls out on the first day is the best approach to getting ripped? I'm surprised that they don't have more serious injuries on that first day out.

bigbair said:
Yeah, I like how they attack their workouts with such intensity. I mean shit, some of these guys haven't touched a weight since Nixon was in office and they think that going balls out on the first day is the best approach to getting ripped? I'm surprised that they don't have more serious injuries on that first day out.

Yeah. I love it when they've been out of the gym that long and then they come in and go right for.....the BENCH!OF COURSE! Then 3 weeks later they quit because of some "old" shoulder injury just won't let them bounce the bar off their chest anymore. Of course they always will remind you that "they used to look just like us back in the day". Now they're too busy to workout that much though. You know, they don't have all day to train like we do. They have real jobs!LOL!

Last edited:
Top Bottom