Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A new issue with the ex

Lestat

MVP
EF VIP
So check this out.

You may or may not remember that my Ex and I work for the same company. Different departments, but kinda related, but different buildings, so we don't really see each other during our day to day work.

She's worked here a while and so have I. I have a lot for friends here at work, not just co-workers, but friends.

Today one of my closest friends here, Joanne, got an email from my ex.

It said "I don't know if this is appropriate or not, but I wanted to ask you how Brian was doing?"

My friend, being the good friend she is, immediately called me over to her desk and showed me the email.

My friend is asking if she wants her to reply, what to say, etc.

I'm not sure what if anything should be said. Its a little unfair to ask my friend to completely ignore my ex because they do work together sometimes and it could make things awkward professionally. My friend Joanne is the nicest person and wouldn't want to do or say anything to hurt me, but she wouldn't want to do anything to make things awkward between her and a co-worker.

My gut instinct is telling me just to have her not reply, but I think no acknowledgement of the email would probably mean another one would come.

A simple "he seems ok to me".

Oooooooooooooooooor

Oooooooooooooooooor

You could have her respond with.

His experience with you turned him gay and he's now dating From Zero. ;)

From Zero said:
See above.

And YOU should play it off like you never knew there was an email, and live your life.

Word.

The more you overthink it, and the more you try to control personal things in the workplace, the worse it'll get.

You should ask Joanne to not tell you about any other e-mails, and tell her to respond honestly.

Razorguns said:
how about:

"he's doing good. What's up?"

excellent....translation: wtf do you really want to know, woman!

He's doing well, yah he's good, good.

The ex either thinks you're going to jump off a building and is concern but doesn't want to contact you directly or she wants to know that you're tortured because it pleases her.

Top Bottom