Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New front on war against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION: Former employees sue Swift alleging wage manipulation

Hengst said:
Nobody is indispensable, including you. Plus you are a fool if you think a college education is going to shield you from the corrosive effects of illegal immigration/out-sourcing and in-sourcing on our economy. Just wait until you are replaced by a cheaper, HIGHLY EDUCATED worker from the third world.

Really ? You think a highly-educated fool from third-world country could work as a legal consultant without being member of the provincial Bar association ? I dont think so. He'd would have to go to college and Bar school which means a good 4-5 years and over $30k. In fact, it's impossible. Same goes for doctors, and many other professions.

manny78 said:
Which just prove my point: if a significant group of people somewhere is ready to do it for less, it means you're overpaid. I bet these "legal" workers were unqualified and could easily be replaced, so $20/hour is way too much IMHO...

YEAH, But they dont pay taxes like the rest of us do, so no 12 bucks and hour sucks for anyone who pays taxes. Those labor jobs are not easy. I hate that stuck up thinking that these people dont deserve to be paid for their hard work.

It's simple, the law of supply and demand. Back when those jobs paid $20/hour there were relatively few illegal aliens in the US and those jobs had to pay higher wages to get filled.

But Illegal Immigration into the US has been supported by big business interests (e.g. Swift) PRECISLEY because it expanded the pool of low skilled workers thus lowering the wages they need to pay to fill those jobs.

It was these types of well paying/low skilled jobs that created the HUGE middle class in the 20th century that drove the US to greatness. The foundation of our country is at risk and it is companies like Swift and their fetish with short term gain that will drive our counrty into destitution and third world status.

THATS why law suits like this are important. I CARE about the US and I CARE about American workers.

mmmmm.......... Makes me wonder, which side of the law suit will the unions support? The displaced worker or the illegal alien?

again, aliens dont pay taxes so 12 bucks and hour is not so bad. For an honest citizen who pays taxes 12 bucks an hour is not a decent wage for a labor job!

Hengst said:
It's simple, the law of supply and demand. Back when those jobs paid $20/hour there were relatively few illegal aliens in the US and those jobs had to pay higher wages to get filled.

But Illegal Immigration into the US has been supported by big business interests (e.g. Swift) PRECISLEY because it expanded the pool of low skilled workers thus lowering the wages they need to pay to fill those jobs.

It was these types of well paying/low skilled jobs that created the HUGE middle class in the 20th century that drove the US to greatness. The foundation of our country is at risk and it is companies like Swift and their fetish with short term gain that will drive our counrty into destitution and third world status.

THATS why law suits like this are important. I CARE about the US and I CARE about American workers.

mmmmm.......... Makes me wonder, which side of the law suit will the unions support? The displaced worker or the illegal alien?

So then illegal aliens are actually doing us a service. If they are responsible for artificially depressing wages, that lowers the risk of these jobs being outsourced to another country. :)

Hengst said:
LOL LOL LOL nothing is impossible, Just ask Dr Sringnapaturatha, or Nurse Ngcombe LOL LOL LOL LOL

But Doctor whatever can't work here without going to med school and through all the process which takes forever. Same goes for nurse Ngcombe. Unless your laws are different.

Are you telling me that EVERY practicing doctor in Canada MUST have a medical degree from a canadian medical school? I doubt that very much.

Hengst said:
Are you telling me that EVERY practicing doctor in Canada MUST have a medical degree from a canadian medical school? I doubt that very much.

Yes. Only exception are those coming from US colleges and brits. They're very very strict. YouD' be amazed by the number of african surgeons and europeans doctors working at minimum wage here.

Top Bottom