Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Navy Reserves ?

Celt

I was thinking about possibly joining the Navy Reserves.

Are any of you board members in the reserves?

Can you tell me some of the details?

Opinions on whether this is a good idea or not?

Also, if you guys are wondering about "why the reserves," I am 26 years old. I don't think that I could stand another man screaming in my face, and bossing me around like I am some kind of cave bitch. I wouldn't be able to commit to something like that. Also, I have a college degree, and I am currently working in the IT Industry {which absolutely sucks right now}.

Thanks for the help!

yo dude, I am in the Marine Corps Reserves, and I wish I would have done the active duty thing. as far as the reserves go, at least for me, it is a pain in the ass. you have your normal life, then you have the reserves fucking with your schedule. I have missed a lot of opportunities and going out nites because I had to go to drill(weekend duty). but, I love what I do in the reserves, which is repair M1A1 tanks, awesome. I love the field. You will also have to go to basic training which is the ONLY part of the military career, god help you, that someone will be on your ass or grill all freaking day, after that then it is smooth sailing. I say go for it if you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. it is a definite change of lifestyle. worth it? more if you stay in and go through as much technical schools as you can, and get the same job that pays double or more out in the civilian world. just my two cents

Top Bottom