Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

national guard

Burnboy

is this the one weekend a month 2 weeks a year people? has anyone done this? ive heard its fun and an easy way to make money.

I think thats reserves, but I'm not too sure how the Coast Gaurd works. I'm signing my DEP for the Marine Corps in December b/c my parents won't give consent until I did half of my senior year to see if thats what I want to.

National Guard is the same as the reserves except the state can call you up for disasters and civil unrest. I was in for 6 years and was almost activated when there was a threat of corrections officers when on strike but it never happened. Being in had it's good and bad but I'd doubt I'd do it again if I could do it over. Every time there was something really fun happening I had drill that weeked.

It's how I paid for college btw.

I spent 6 yrs in the Army National Guard. It was nothing like the ads you see on tv.I found it to be alot of bs,way to much politics involved,and if you werent part of the click then things were even worse.Also it depends on what job you have while in,that would make a whole shitload of difference on whether or not you have fun or not.My job sucked.I sat in a 577 12 hours a day looking at a computer screen.Not my idea of fun,but like I said it would depend on your MOS.

I was a truck driver (88m) but got stuck in an infantry unit so I to had to do a lot infantry bs. I wanted to go journalism but my recruiter talked me out of it. My advice is pick an MOS/job you want and tell the the recruter to fuck off if he tries to get you to do something else. Afterall it's your tour of duty, not his.

Top Bottom