x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

My psychiatrist abandoned me as a patient because I hurt his feelings, WTF?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about My psychiatrist abandoned me as a patient because I hurt his feelings, WTF? within the Chat & Conversation category.

Excerpt: So I've been seeing psych doctors for 25 years. I have severe panic attacks and on and off depression. I've taken over 20 antidepressant drugs during this time. At best, the drugs did nothing. At worst they caused unbearable side effects. I had taken four different SSRI class drugs and they did not help and caused horrible side effects. They also caused bad withdrawal symptoms when I stopped taking them. Lately I've been tapering down my dose of Paxil to quit. I was having withdrawal problems

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pro Bodybuilder

Re: My psychiatrist abandoned me as a patient because I hurt his feelings, WTF?

Quote Quote posted by H_T_ View Post
    Did you know that the DSM-V is being soundly rejected by many practitioners because of the extreme influence pharmaceutical companies had over the content of the manual?
    I do know that the DSM-V lists "Internet Use Disorder" as a medical problem that can be billed to insurance.

Quote Quote posted by H_T_ View Post
    Did you know that the DSM-V is being soundly rejected by many practitioners because of the extreme influence pharmaceutical companies had over the content of the manual?
    good!!
    the book is a joke. i hope this news spreads far and wide.
    i knew about the manual and its shadyness in areas, glad to know its being rejected often.

I encourage people to forego the silent P in words. And instead, pronounce it :Puh-si-kai-a-trist.

I think he is covering his ass. What if you do something to hurt yourself or someone else while taking an ssri he prescribed. He is prob afraid you would sue him saying I told him I did not want to take an ssri but he insisted blah blah blah.
    So much of it is about protecting themselves from legal action these days.

So a patient walks in and tells me he doesnt want the medication/treatment that I provide and then tells me he read the majority of an article that contradicts most of what I practice, believe and spent a decade of college education, internships and more learning, of course I'd be upset if I were the Dr. I would note that you no longer want my treatment and refer you to another physician if you chose to continue therapy. WTF does the Dr. have to beg you to stay and try his treatment if you're saying it sucks and you dont want it?

Well he is human as well. He has an emotional investment in his approach. But he is also susceptible to being a jerk off. He may be gay. They may both be gay. They may be bi. They may have suffered abuse as children. They could have been sodomized. Perhaps his mum was married off as a 9 year old. He himself may have undergone gender reassignment.

Amateur Bodybuilder InvertedThroatFuck's Avatar
    The land between the Euphrates and Tigris rivers

Quote Quote posted by nangiggles View Post
    So a patient walks in and tells me he doesnt want the medication/treatment that I provide and then tells me he read the majority of an article that contradicts most of what I practice, believe and spent a decade of college education, internships and more learning, of course I'd be upset if I were the Dr. I would note that you no longer want my treatment and refer you to another physician if you chose to continue therapy. WTF does the Dr. have to beg you to stay and try his treatment if you're saying it sucks and you dont want it?
    You are not a doctor, nor do you provide any for of treatment or medication.

Quote Quote posted by InvertedThroatFuck View Post
    You are not a doctor, nor do you provide any for of treatment or medication.
    Thank you for clarifying that. For a second I thought I was and almost wrote pick3 a Hydro script.

Please make sure he overdoses on said fake script.

After all, he is the Rob Ford of NOLA.