Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My psychiatrist abandoned me as a patient because I hurt his feelings, WTF?

Did you know that the DSM-V is being soundly rejected by many practitioners because of the extreme influence pharmaceutical companies had over the content of the manual?

I do know that the DSM-V lists "Internet Use Disorder" as a medical problem that can be billed to insurance.

Did you know that the DSM-V is being soundly rejected by many practitioners because of the extreme influence pharmaceutical companies had over the content of the manual?
good!!
the book is a joke. i hope this news spreads far and wide.
i knew about the manual and its shadyness in areas, glad to know its being rejected often.

I encourage people to forego the silent P in words. And instead, pronounce it :puh-si-kai-a-trist.

I think he is covering his ass. What if you do something to hurt yourself or someone else while taking an ssri he prescribed. He is prob afraid you would sue him saying I told him I did not want to take an ssri but he insisted blah blah blah.
So much of it is about protecting themselves from legal action these days.

So a patient walks in and tells me he doesnt want the medication/treatment that I provide and then tells me he read the majority of an article that contradicts most of what I practice, believe and spent a decade of college education, internships and more learning, of course I'd be upset if I were the Dr. I would note that you no longer want my treatment and refer you to another physician if you chose to continue therapy. WTF does the Dr. have to beg you to stay and try his treatment if you're saying it sucks and you dont want it?

Well he is human as well. He has an emotional investment in his approach. But he is also susceptible to being a jerk off. He may be gay. They may both be gay. They may be bi. They may have suffered abuse as children. They could have been sodomized. Perhaps his mum was married off as a 9 year old. He himself may have undergone gender reassignment.

So a patient walks in and tells me he doesnt want the medication/treatment that I provide and then tells me he read the majority of an article that contradicts most of what I practice, believe and spent a decade of college education, internships and more learning, of course I'd be upset if I were the Dr. I would note that you no longer want my treatment and refer you to another physician if you chose to continue therapy. WTF does the Dr. have to beg you to stay and try his treatment if you're saying it sucks and you dont want it?

You are not a doctor, nor do you provide any for of treatment or medication.

Top Bottom