Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Project / Business

the_alcatraz

Head Mod
Elite Moderator
Hey guys,

Need some help with a few things...your opinions matter to me, so I'm asking here.

For the last year or so, I've been working on a website and forums for mixed martial arts. I've hired a professional design company and web hosting company. It's cost me over $1500 so far and I'm probably still going to pay some extra cash.

Anyways, not really advertising anything, just had a few questions.

1- how would you feel about receiving an email from admin / mod everytime your post gets deleted / edited / moved?

2- how do you feel about flash embedded in the script? on front page? on the forums?

3- max # of ads on a page?

4- interviews with professional fighters?

5- should there be a separate forum for chat?

6- for those who are familiar with building forums, any ideas on programs or applications to use to enhance the performance or feel of the forum?

Appreciate any comments and ideas.

1- how would you feel about receiving an email from admin / mod everytime your post gets deleted / edited / moved?

Pass

2- how do you feel about flash embedded in the script? on front page? on the forums?

Dunno if it matters to me

10 to start, make it so they can adjust it themselves. If the default is too many then it'll look like there's less traffic/posts.

Couldn't hurt

Yes, but don't make a million sub-forums like here.

6- for those who are familiar with building forums, any ideas on programs or applications to use to enhance the performance or feel of the forum?

If you want to enhance the feel of the forum ban Mitch as soon as he signs up.

Hey guys,

Need some help with a few things...your opinions matter to me, so I'm asking here.

For the last year or so, I've been working on a website and forums for mixed martial arts. I've hired a professional design company and web hosting company. It's cost me over $1500 so far and I'm probably still going to pay some extra cash.

dont

for the most part, avoid on frequently loaded pages such as the forums. some flex/flash isn't bad on the main site

depends on the layout, obviously users prefer 0, use as many as you can without them being intruding and you actually making decent profit

if you can get them

yes, chat helps to maintain a ton of traffic if its built up

what forum technology were you going ot use, vbulletin? you can mod it or pay someone to mod it

you spent a lot, i hope it kicks ass

^^

Hey guys,

good to know.

Not on the forums. Wouldn't mind the front page because I'd skip right over that.

three. One at the top, one in the middle of the page (or the side), one at the bottom.

sure

YES

no opinion

^^^ answers inside

That's awesome

looks like everyone kinda feels the same about these questions which says a lot....

I'm using vbulletin...i'm paying $100 / year for vBulletin 4 licenses

I do'nt think mods should "edit" your posts aside from remove links and it still have your name at the top. THat's fucked up. Delete it then.

I don't like ads that "get in the way".

c

Hey guys,

I never check the emails I used to join a site. PM's would pry work just as easily.
No flash on the forums, keep it simple. Main page would pry be alright, but don't waste a bunch of money on it as most people don't care one way or the other.
couple banner ads aren't too bad. If you're gonna have a subscription type membership do it like elite and let paying users turn it off
would be interesting
yes, the less rules the better :)
don't forget a plat chat like application. :)
If you do a subscription type membership either do it a one time membership fee. or annual. I'm members of forums that do it both ways. some have different levels of site supporting and you get a "level II" supporter by your name, etc..some just automatically renew every year. usually like $25.

Feel free to pm me for any other ideas. i'm an internet forum whore. :)

Top Bottom