Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My life ADD is kicking in. As rnch's boy Obama would say, it's time for change.

how are people in the film business?

Full of shit to the extent of which most people will never experience.

You won't find much of a waiting list at private colleges with nursing programs. They are a bit more expensive and harder to get into but WELL worth it.

I originally was going to become a paramedic, then I talked to a bunch that worked at the hospital i was working at. They ALL said that if I was to go through the schooling, it is much more worth it to get my R.N. If it's the fast paced environment that appeals to you, you can find that in any trauma ICU, or level I trauma ER. Acquiring your EMT limits you to branching off into other aspects of healthcare if you shold choose to.

I have been doing it for 3 years now and haven't regretted it for a second. I can pick up as many hours as I want. There are countless opportunites for double/triple pay hours. If I want to save up for something, I pick up a few extra days, if not I just stick to my 3 days a week. Being a male nurse also allows you a much stronger foothold into administrative positions if you want to move away from patient contact.

Options are limitless. Let me know if you have any questions, i could speak for hours on this subject.

Thanks bor. From what Ive read on the internets, dont most people go for their ADN (in a 2 year program) because at the end of the day youre pretty much just as likely to land a gig as if you went through a 4 year program? Obviously I have my bachelors in another area, but I have a BA as opposed to a BS so I didnt have to go through shit like chem, bio, etc in college.

Also, when you said "hard" to get into, do they have high GPA requirements or is there some preliminary testing to show how awesome you are?

Maybe.

Getting fed up with not only my job but the industry in general. With the direction it's taking I don't see it getting better....at all. My compensation has already been cut in more ways than one.

Probably wanna look into doing something else. Ive done this a few times throughout my short life, so that either makes me look like a guy with a lot of experience in different areas or a crackhead (blaque) who can't decide what the fook to do with his life.

Anyhoo, post up some suggestions of what I should look in to. I wanna do something that would give me new challenges regularly. That's how I roll. If I could do it all over I'd like to become a doctor, but methinks that's not in the cards.

You know what makes you happy, how do we know?

I'd say go grab a hot chick, raise horses and live off the land. That's what i'd do and say fuck society's rules.

r

Full of shit to the extent of which most people will never experience.

There's two industries. The wannabee industry where people who don't make money, just do shit to look cool. Usually trying to pick occupations where they can look the coolest (acting, filmmaker, musician).

And the real professional industry, where talented smart people work all day creating your tv, film and commercials, bring home good salaries to their families. Usually non-glamorous occupations (engineering, quality control, bookkeeping, cgi, marketing, legal, etc.).

You want to enter that second industry. Few can get in, cuz you need actual skills other than talking and looking cool. But the money is damn good.

The real industry has paid me well over the years. Every place I go to has a shortage and dire need for skilled people. Not much I can do, since I'm surrounded by people who are professionals at internet attention whoring. :)

r

Why not go through radiography program and then cross train in nuclear medicine? Solid field, easy hours.

Why not go through radiography program and then cross train in nuclear medicine? Solid field, easy hours.

That was actually something I sorta looked into for a minute. Fuggin full time schooling. I gotta get my financial ducks in a row.

I like the thinking out of the box. This is all interesting.

Top Bottom