Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My dog was put to sleep this morning.

Night Fly

Well, I guess I will add to the many dog stories that we have heard as of late.

This morning, my 13 year old German Shepherd had to be put down. My mom had let her outside to use the restroom and she ran down to the forest line as usual. About 20 minutes later, my mom looked out the window and saw Duchess laying there on her side. This was highly unusual for her because she almost always had a peice of firewood in her mouth knawing on it.

My dad and my cousin's boyfriend put her on a peice of plywood and took her to the vet. The vet did X-rays and found that she had a massive tumor in her stomach that was the size of two softballs. She had, in turn, also been paralyzed from the neck down from a spinal injury in her neck. My mom said that she could only move her head and was just looking at her as if to say "why can't I move?"

Anyway, they put her on an IV and gave her until this morning. She wasn't any better, so they put her down at 10:30am. She is now buried in our yard at home.

I just don't know what to think of all this....because she was my baby. I loved that dog like no other. It's hard, too, because I wasn't able to be there for her...and didnt' get to say goodbye.

I just needed to vent...hope this wasn't too depressing for you all to read. Thanks for listening.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/gallery/7730/43edc139db733584b8591b4f1856a292.jpg

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/gallery/7730/df6a85f09d33c1d3aa7bb9d9c3e64007.jpg

Hate to hear these stories. I don't look forward to when our dog will have to be put down. Guess it's inevitable though. Sorry Night Fly. Dogs are family members and then some.

Belle,

She holds a special place in my heart too. I always thought very highly of her also...

I'll keep my prayers high...

B True

That is sad to lose a family pet. My condolensces (sp?)

But, if you are looking for a new pet to baby, cuddle and play with and let enthusiastically sniff your crotch, I'm available.

Just let me know, I'm good at that.

notoriousQQ said:

But, if you are looking for a new pet to baby, cuddle and play with and let enthusiastically sniff your crotch, I'm available.

But then there is that house training issue and I don't think they are ready for that just yet.:)

Notorious...thanks for the offer, but I have another little mutt who does that just fine. :) I grew up with Duchess, though...so it's a little different.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts...I know she's in a better place. At least she wasn't suffering because she was paralyzed.

Top Bottom