x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

My dog was put to sleep this morning.

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about My dog was put to sleep this morning. within the Chat & Conversation category.

Excerpt: Well, I guess I will add to the many dog stories that we have heard as of late. This morning, my 13 year old German Shepherd had to be put down. My mom had let her outside to use the restroom and she ran down to the forest line as usual. About 20 minutes later, my mom looked out the window and saw Duchess laying there on her side. This was highly unusual for her because she almost always had a peice of firewood in her mouth knawing on it. My dad and my cousin's boyfriend put her on

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy My dog was put to sleep this morning.

Well, I guess I will add to the many dog stories that we have heard as of late.

This morning, my 13 year old German Shepherd had to be put down. My mom had let her outside to use the restroom and she ran down to the forest line as usual. About 20 minutes later, my mom looked out the window and saw Duchess laying there on her side. This was highly unusual for her because she almost always had a peice of firewood in her mouth knawing on it.

My dad and my cousin's boyfriend put her on a peice of plywood and took her to the vet. The vet did X-rays and found that she had a massive tumor in her stomach that was the size of two softballs. She had, in turn, also been paralyzed from the neck down from a spinal injury in her neck. My mom said that she could only move her head and was just looking at her as if to say "why can't I move?"

Anyway, they put her on an IV and gave her until this morning. She wasn't any better, so they put her down at 10:30am. She is now buried in our yard at home.

I just don't know what to think of all this....because she was my baby. I loved that dog like no other. It's hard, too, because I wasn't able to be there for her...and didnt' get to say goodbye.

I just needed to vent...hope this wasn't too depressing for you all to read. Thanks for listening.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/ga...4f1856a292.jpg

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/ga...d9c3e64007.jpg

i am sorry for your loss just remeber...All dogs go to heaven rent it!

Thanks Natty....

I'm sorry, Night Fly.

Hate to hear these stories. I don't look forward to when our dog will have to be put down. Guess it's inevitable though. Sorry Night Fly. Dogs are family members and then some.

Elite Strongman b fold the truth's Avatar
    Belle,

She holds a special place in my heart too. I always thought very highly of her also...

I'll keep my prayers high...

B True

''Teach my children to love! They'll learn to hate on their own.''
    ''One thing is certian,You can't shake hands with a fist''
    ''It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.''

"ABSOLUTELY!!! I wouldn't take 4 days off of work to go support the men if I wasn't getting paid!"
    .....Jill Mills...World's Strongest Woman

Freak
    That is sad to lose a family pet. My condolensces (sp?)

But, if you are looking for a new pet to baby, cuddle and play with and let enthusiastically sniff your crotch, I'm available.

Just let me know, I'm good at that.

Originally posted by notoriousQQ

But, if you are looking for a new pet to baby, cuddle and play with and let enthusiastically sniff your crotch, I'm available.

But then there is that house training issue and I don't think they are ready for that just yet.

Notorious...thanks for the offer, but I have another little mutt who does that just fine. I grew up with Duchess, though...so it's a little different.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts...I know she's in a better place. At least she wasn't suffering because she was paralyzed.

ariolanine
    I am sorry Night Fly. That sucks..