Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Methadone

split endz

Anyone here have experience with it. I have a good friend (no, it's not me dammit!) who is on it, and has been for a long time, says she cannot get off of it or she gets very sick. She doesn't think it is harming her to take it every day. What are the effects, good or bad, of being on it ? Thanks for any help.

I havent done much research on it, but I believe it is used to ween people off heroin

however I dont think it gives you the feeling of heroin(for heavy users anyway), It basically tricks your body into thinking it is still getting the drug

I have not personally tried it(imagine that, surprising I know)

No she has never done heroin, but she was hooked on oxy. Quit the oxy & was having lots of withdrawl symptoms. So, she got on methadone, now can't stop using it without getting sick.

Most precscription "pain-killers" are opioids. So you Vicodin and Oxy lovers - you're fucking with the same family of drugs as heroin. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

hiya. pharmacist, have worked in a methadone program pharmacy

who is monitoring her methadone use? if she was addicted to another shorter acting opiod, and methadone is being used to wean her off the drug, who the hell is prescribing and monitoring her progress? or is she buying it on the sly?

get her to get in touch with a health professional who actually gives a shit about her, i cant believe this sort of thing goes on. i would suggest how to cut her dose to minimise withdrawal, but you know, she needs first hand care

she shouldnt ahve too many problems, methadone has a nice long half life and she isnt going ot have a nasty time of it like she would if she was using morphine or similar

cheers

Top Bottom