Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Man Was That Slash from G&R with a KFC Bucket on his Head?

curling

I was watching the MTV awards last night just because I wanted to see G&R perform again. I guess Alex(singer) is off Heroin & coke because he has gotten chunky. And was the heck was Slash wearing he looked like some goon from Mardi Gras with a mask, a yellow raincoat and KCF bucket of chicken on his head(wonder hemuch money he got from KCF to wear that bucket)

Then the other guitar player looked like Edward Scissor Hands meets Marilyn Manson (total goon islander weirdo).

Anyway anybody else see that last night? What the heck happen to that band?

That is a guitar player known as "buckethead"

he did a lot of session work in the 90's and is respected in the industry.
probably less so with this new gig.

HappyScrappy said:
That is a guitar player known as "buckethead"

he did a lot of session work in the 90's and is respected in the industry.
probably less so with this new gig.

so it wasn't slash? Well then how could MTV advertise they had G&R performing live without Slash? I mean the made that band as much as the singer did.

they can advertise it as that because that is the name of the band.

just like if I had legal rights to the name "The Eagles" I could start touring as "The Eagles" and it is just me on sitar, a homeless guy on drums, and an old chinese man babbeling into the mic.

I'm not sure who Buckethead was. The singer's name is actually Axel, not Alex as in Alex P. Keaton. And the lead guitarist who looked like a cross between Edward Scissorhands and Manson is a guy named Robyn Finck. He has been the lead guitarist for Nine Inch Nails' live shows since The Downward Spiral came out. He usually looks a lot more freakish, but I guess he toned his look down to perform with Guns. Either way I think the bottom line is the Axel still can't sing live worth a shit.

i like to leave out words

Last edited:
buckethead isn't anyone beyond just buckethead.
he used to write columns for the guitar magazines when I was in college.
he usually was more prog rock - but I guess there is probably more money in touring with guns and roses than writing for guitar magazines.

supersizeme said:
I'm not sure who Buckethead was. The singer's name is actually Axel, not Alex as in Alex P. Keaton. And the lead guitarist who looked like a cross between Edward Scissorhands and Manson is a guy named Robyn Finck. He has been the lead guitarist for Nine Inch Nails' live shows since The Downward Spiral came out. He usually looks a lot more freakish, but I guess he toned his look down to perform with Guns. Either way I think the bottom line is the Axel still can't live worth a shit.

Thanks bro. That's right his name was Axel I know I had it wrong my memory is slips from my younger partying days and age I guess. So Slash wouldn't play huh? Man, I was looking forward to seeing him jam again.

The movie "The Dead Pool" was terrible. But, it did have Jim Carrey (credited as James Carrey) in the early stages of his career playing an entirely unfunny role of a junky singer/actor.
The movie uses "Welcome to the Jungle" several times throughout the course of the film, and in the funeral scenes, Guns and Roses are standing there. They are a bit obivous since everyone else wears suits and black and they are wearing... the same things they always wore - even slash with his hat.
then a little bit later on they are seen on the movie set helping out a bit - and then you don't see them again. I'm pretty sure slash, or someone with slash's hat, is helping fire a large harpoon into a building in one scene.

good times. just rented that one the other night.

Slash, Izzy, Duff, etc all have their own things right now. total failures all of them - but so is the new GNR.

the drummer that GNR has right now *might* be the same one that they switched to towards the end of their career during the use your illusion era.

also, I read recently that they merged all the use your illusion stuff into one less crappy single album, dropping the crap that was tossed in to make two albums.
but perhaps I was mistaken in what I saw and it was mere speculation.

Axl (his real name is like Mike or somethign like that - Axl Rose is an anagram for Oral Sex) now claims that he is big into kick boxing and he has been working out a lot.
Hell, he seems like the type that would even get into roids.

maybe that is why his voice sucks now.

Top Bottom