Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Making an exact copy of an external hard drive to another external hard drive?

the software to do it yourself will cost at least that.

Dial_tone said:
the software to do it yourself will cost at least that.

Whats with the Stamos pic?

I give the guy props for nailing Rebecca Whatever (Dijimonos?) for a long time. I'd even put up with some crap to gaze at her.

google how to "ghost" a drive.

there are many pirated versions of ghosting programs readily available, if you have no qualms with that sort of thing. whatever you do, dont pay someone 60 bucks to do that, thats daylight robbery unless the drive is some monstrous 200gig affair that will sit there taking up one of your terminals for 10 hours...but even then, thats bullshit

cheers

Look up "slax." Download it, burn a mini-CD, boot your PC into Linux without disrupting anything on it. It's like Knoppix, only faster and smaller. Now use any of the Linux tricks you find on Google involving the "dd" command.

Perfect image of the original disk.

digger said:
Look up "slax." Download it, burn a mini-CD, boot your PC into Linux without disrupting anything on it. It's like Knoppix, only faster and smaller. Now use any of the Linux tricks you find on Google involving the "dd" command.

you could have spoken german for I know I didnt understand shit

digger said:

holy shit what did u just say :nerd:

Gimme a G. Gimme an O. Gimme another O. Gimme a G-L-E. What's that spell?

You go to the first site that comes up in Google. http://slax.linux-live.org
You download a copy of the SLAX software and burn a CD. (Am I going too fast?)

You boot it. Your computer comes up looking a little funny but there are instructions on the screen -- log in as root with the password they give you.

You go back to Google and look for "copy disk dd" Find an explanation that makes sense (there will be dozens to choose from), start that running, go have a nice night's sleep.

You wake up. When you reboot without the CD, your computer is back to normal but you have a perfect copy of the original hard disk. Total cost: One CD-R, a small one.

Or in other words "I got $59 and you don't."

digger said:
Gimme a G. Gimme an O. Gimme another O. Gimme a G-L-E. What's that spell?

You go to the first site that comes up in Google. http://slax.linux-live.org
You download a copy of the SLAX software and burn a CD. (Am I going too fast?)

You boot it. Your computer comes up looking a little funny but there are instructions on the screen -- log in as root with the password they give you.

You go back to Google and look for "copy disk dd" Find an explanation that makes sense (there will be dozens to choose from), start that running, go have a nice night's sleep.

You wake up. When you reboot without the CD, your computer is back to normal but you have a perfect copy of the original hard disk. Total cost: One CD-R, a small one.

Or in other words "I got $59 and you don't."
that makes sense ,thanks digger

Top Bottom