x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Looking for upper body work exercises

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Looking for upper body work exercises within the Chat & Conversation category.

Excerpt: I have a very week upper body and have a few goals that require that I get some strength there. I'd like to be able to do: Chin ups and pull ups and handstands What are the best exercises to get the strength I need for this?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Looking for upper body work exercises

I have a very week upper body and have a few goals that require that I get some strength there.

I'd like to be able to do:

Chin ups and pull ups and handstands

What are the best exercises to get the strength I need for this?

Re: Looking for upper body work exercises

*weak

Your upper body has multiple muscle groups. There is your chest, shoulders, back, and arms.

To increase strength in your upper body, you will need to lift weights and eat a high protein diet to increase muscle size and strength.

I would do a simple
    1. legs
    2. shoulders arms
    3. back chest
    split

I have a full sample workout routine you can follow in this thread here -> http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/a...int-33382.html

The best exercises to increase strength are multi joint movements because they train multiple muscle groups at once. Things like the bench press, overhead barbell press, bent over row and wide grip chin up. You shouldn't neglect isolation movements like bicep curls but your primary focus should be the big compound lifts.

Quote Quote posted by muskate View Post
    Your upper body has multiple muscle groups. There is your chest, shoulders, back, and arms.

To increase strength in your upper body, you will need to lift weights and eat a high protein diet to increase muscle size and strength.

I would do a simple
    1. legs
    2. shoulders arms
    3. back chest
    split

I have a full sample workout routine you can follow in this thread here -> http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/a...int-33382.html

The best exercises to increase strength are multi joint movements because they train multiple muscle groups at once. Things like the bench press, overhead barbell press, bent over row and wide grip chin up. You shouldn't neglect isolation movements like bicep curls but your primary focus should be the big compound lifts.
    Thank you very much

Quote Quote posted by muskate View Post

I would do a simple
    1. legs
    2. shoulders arms
    3. back chest
    split

Thank you for sharing this piece of information. I found a blog which points out the importance of exercise.