Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

LMAO Ridiculous Email I got today from someone who works for someone who works for me

Re: LMAO Ridiculous Email I got today from someone who works for someone who works fo

BIKINIMOM said:
LOL@Lazy Americans with their sense of entitlement. How bout this? If they don't like it they can leave. I'm with Smurfy. They know the rules, if they can't abide by them then they obviously need to be treated like children.

Self-employment is a beautiful thing, but few have the balls/discipline to do it. I come from a long line of self-employed peeps. I can not STAND working for someone else. Now I get to be "The Empress".

I like the way that sounds. LOL
That's because most people only do as much work as they feel will keep them from getting fired and there is a false sense of security as a W-2 employee. What I don't like about being self-employed is having to do 3 jobs....marketing, billing and the work.

Re: LMAO Ridiculous Email I got today from someone who works for someone who works fo

javaguru said:
That's because most people only do as much work as they feel will keep them from getting fired and there is a false sense of security as a W-2 employee. What I don't like about being self-employed is having to do 3 jobs....marketing, billing and the work.

Isn't that "the American way"? One of the things that I have always hated about how many Americans just coast through life, doing just enough to get by, spend their money on all sorts of stupid shit, are up to their asses in debt then have THE AUDACITY to bitch about "foreigners" coming to the US and busting their asses (we are talking the playpen is in the store while 80 yr/old grandma is stocking shelves) and *surprize* *surprize* THEY ACTUALLY GET SOMEWHERE.

Being self-employed is definitely not easy (though those who work for someone else all seem to think it is).

If it were easy NO ONE would work for someone else.

Bottom line = If you're sweating whether you're allowed a 15-minute break or not you have made the wrong career choice and your dumb ass shoulda paid attention in class.

On the list of indications that you have made the wrong career choice "Sweating break periods" is right below "Do you STILL wear a nametag?"

And again, we are talking about Customer Service Call Center here, not Corporate or Professional Salaried Positions. It's like Burger King but in an office. Not much different, except the pay is better. So you can't go comparing this to what you do or where you work unless you also answer calls in a call center. So no, this is no Qualcomm or IBM or Motorola here. And it isnt run that way. I dont have the same stipulations because I am not tied to the queue all day. \

The most ironic part to that whole email is the person putting up a big stink about it (the one who references slavery lol) was previously a supervisor working under me and she sucked so much I demoted her to a CSR. When she was a supervisor, she herself enforced this very same rule about if you come to work late, you forfeit your 15 min break in the morning, etc. So it almost blew my mind that she would respond to the whole department with "Is this Legal". Fuck yes it's legal.

Also, she was probably upset because she was 40 mins late to work today so this rule now applies to her.

Dial_tone said:
Bottom line = If you're sweating whether you're allowed a 15-minute break or not you have made the wrong career choice and your dumb ass shoulda paid attention in class.

On the list of indications that you have made the wrong career choice "Sweating break periods" is right below "Do you STILL wear a nametag?"
exactly.

and stringbean is right - i have numerous staff who have never been late. some people just dont have it together. the rules arent going to change, and if they cant tolerate it (she's been working there for about 6-7 yrs now lol) then perhaps they need a different career.

BIKINIMOM said:
Isn't that "the American way"? One of the things that I have always hated about how many Americans just coast through life, doing just enough to get by, spend their money on all sorts of stupid shit, are up to their asses in debt then have THE AUDACITY to bitch about "foreigners" coming to the US and busting their asses (we are talking the playpen is in the store while 80 yr/old grandma is stocking shelves) and *surprize* *surprize* THEY ACTUALLY GET SOMEWHERE.

Being self-employed is definitely not easy (though those who work for someone else all seem to think it is).

If it were easy NO ONE would work for someone else.
Everyone likes to claim jealousy about my setting my own schedule. Yeah, I can choose which twelve hours a day a work. :)

javaguru said:
Everyone likes to claim jealousy about my setting my own schedule. Yeah, I can choose which twelve hours a day a work. :)

LOL... Egg-fuckin-Zacktly.

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/workhours/breaks.htm

Federal law does not require lunch or coffee breaks. However, when employers do offer short breaks (usually lasting about 5 to 20 minutes), federal law considers the breaks work-time that must be paid. Unauthorized extensions of authorized work breaks need not be counted as hours worked when the employer has expressly and unambiguously communicated to the employee that the authorized break may only last for a specific length of time, that any extension of the break is contrary to the employer's rules, and any extension of the break will be punished.

Bona fide meal periods (typically lasting at least 30 minutes), serve a different purpose than coffee or snack breaks and, thus, are not work time and are not compensable

Smurfy said:
i know lol i thought she was just fucking with me but going by her next comment, i guess she was serious.
i had another worker once say behind my back "this is like working in the cotton fields"

wtf? all these people do is answer phones lmao
its rough out there lol

Top Bottom