Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Living at home with your parents at age 29

not a shot. my mother would cry and my father would punch me in the nose.

That's how it should be.

To this day, I still feel like I stepped into a scene from the twilight zone when I came into my parent's apartment (they had a large house where nearly every inch was rented to someone with the exception, of course, where we lived) and there was my brother and his horse-faced gf sitting at my mother's kitchen table. She was wearing my brother's boxers and one of his T'shirts and my mother was making them breakfast.

I was like WTF?!?!

My brother was a grown man who had the entire upstairs to himself, separate entrance and all so what the HELL he was thinking and the girl? Did she have NO SHAME?!!?! What, he couldn't take her out for breakfast?

That's how it should be.

To this day, I still feel like I stepped into a scene from the twilight zone when I came into my parent's apartment (they had a large house where nearly every inch was rented to someone with the exception, of course, where we lived) and there was my brother and his horse-faced gf sitting at my mother's kitchen table. She was wearing my brother's boxers and one of his T'shirts and my mother was making them breakfast.

I was like WTF?!?!

My brother was a grown man who had the entire upstairs to himself, separate entrance and all so what the HELL he was thinking and the girl? Did she have NO SHAME?!!?! What, he couldn't take her out for breakfast?
i could not imagine that happening in my parent's house!! not only were they extremely religious (babtist menonite); they were both raised on large farms in southwest oklahoma.

in addition to my father's afore mentioned horse whip, my mother was no stranger to a sawed off shot gun, filled with buck shot, kept in the corner next to her stove in the kitchen. (she has since "downsized" to a baseball bat next to her bed). people who live in rural areas are NOT big believers in "gun control".

the kids knew NOT to disrespect our parents or break their rules.

There must be something wrong with me, I mean that. My 23 year old son moved back in very briefly last year, it lasted about a month and what a freaking relief when he left. I think he was pretty uncomfortable with it, too. We're not an "up each other's asses" kind of family. He calls me like once a month, says "Hey, how ya doing? I'm fine, just wanted to let you know. Doing good in college. I'm working out every day. Well, I gotta go, love ya, bye." If I should call him when he's not in the mood to talk then the call is even shorter, he'll usually cut me off by the second sentence.

i could not imagine that happening in my parent's house!! not only were they extremely religious (babtist menonite); they were both raised on large farms in southwest oklahoma.

in addition to my father's afore mentioned horse whip, my mother was no stranger to a sawed off shot gun, filled with buck shot, kept in the corner next to her stove in the kitchen. (she has since "downsized" to a baseball bat next to her bed). people who live in rural areas are NOT big believers in "gun control".

the kids knew NOT to disrespect our parents or break their rules.

Well I grew up in NJ so though my parents were old school ('cept, it seemed when it came to my brother - prolly why he ended up being SUCH a loser) they didn't have such armaments.

They raised their daughters to CARE about self-respect and family honor. They had ONE SON and failed to instill either.

:whatever:

Top Bottom