Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Life Insurance Whats included with the test screen?

TheValley

Well I am going up for a life Insurance here in about a month or so.

I am wondering what's involved with the screen test.
I'm a little heavy now, I took off most of the summer from working out. I did cut firewood or about month or so.
so here's the deal. 5'9 250lbs.....more of a plystyle but feel really good at around 230. I have as much time as I need to get ready for the screen test.
But heres the Kicker I smoke the tweed daily......drink once a week.
Its gonna be a chore to quit.....its been sometime now.......

I need some advice here........
thanks

thevalley

if you use illegal drugs, then lie about it.

have fun getting a life insurance policy with them knowing you are a drug user (even if its just toking)

I have a 500k policy for 38 bucks a month i had a swab mouht test done and hair and blood work.. So if you smoke weed they will find out and shit.. now i dont know how much you are getting but the higher the policy the more they work you up..

kano said:
I have a 500k policy for 38 bucks a month i had a swab mouht test done and hair and blood work.. So if you smoke weed they will find out and shit.. now i dont know how much you are getting but the higher the policy the more they work you up..
dude you gotta use the one endorsed by alex trebek.

i actually don't have a policy, cause i'll be dead. so i won't give a shit who gets my money.

TheValley said:
Well I am going up for a life Insurance here in about a month or so.

I am wondering what's involved with the screen test.
I'm a little heavy now, I took off most of the summer from working out. I did cut firewood or about month or so.
so here's the deal. 5'9 250lbs.....more of a plystyle but feel really good at around 230. I have as much time as I need to get ready for the screen test.
But heres the Kicker I smoke the tweed daily......drink once a week.
Its gonna be a chore to quit.....its been sometime now.......

I need some advice here........
thanks

thevalley
Companies differ but I've applied for two different life insurance policies that required medical screenings and they both did the same thing:

1. Height/weight/BP.
2. Blood.
3. Urine.

Blood work checked cholesterol/liver enzymes/AIDS, as well as for the presence of nicotine and all sorts of illegals, including cannabis.

If they tell you that it needs to be a fasting test then they're definitely going to draw blood.

The once a week drink won't hurt you, but the daily weed will be caught, and your BMI (that's what most life insurance companies use if you get tested by their people) is going to run up your rates. If everything else is golden the weight will probably just drop you from Super Preferred to Preferred status.

I agree with most here: I got a good going over including a suprise blood test at my home by a travelling nurse. The doc visits, etc...is standard fare.

I would go out and hit a couple of lines of coke and smoke a bong before the blood tests.

You'll fail but at least you have fun doing it!!

On a serious note the last time they took blood for my insurance policy (this was life insurance) they did the normal blood panel to see if the normal stuff was in line. It stated they also tested fro the common drugs (not steroids).

Most Americans smoke pot and snort coke and hit up some meth, so as long as you are not enjoying the main narcotics and smooking da' reefer you will be fine.

It depends on the company more than the policy. I was writing for Indy Life and they didn't pull hair but did draw blood. LSW is quite thorough as well. If you clean up for a while hair will still show the weed. I guess you could claim secondary exposure but I wonder if you'd still get rated.

Well i know that there will be a blood test....fro sure.
I think that by laying off for awhile will do the job.....I hope....
I am thinking a month or so......so no smoking and starting to hit the gym
hard here for a month and see if i can lose about 10-15. Try to eat healthy.

So when I think I am ready I call the insurance dude he calls the main carrier
and they will process the information then....then set up a traveling nurse to
to a Bp weight blood and urine tests........thats pretty much been the normal.....
to what everyone else in the office has done....

TheValley said:
Well i know that there will be a blood test....fro sure.
I think that by laying off for awhile will do the job.....I hope....
I am thinking a month or so......so no smoking and starting to hit the gym
hard here for a month and see if i can lose about 10-15. Try to eat healthy.

So when I think I am ready I call the insurance dude he calls the main carrier
and they will process the information then....then set up a traveling nurse to
to a Bp weight blood and urine tests........thats pretty much been the normal.....
to what everyone else in the office has done....

Unless you are smoking weed every day, 30 days will be plenty of time to clean out your system if you work out, drink water and lose some weight. 6 weeks and you should be very good off.

Top Bottom