Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Layne Staley - Alice In Chains DEAD

Shrebly

Plat Hero
Platinum
I hate to say it, but fans saw this coming years ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/20/staley.ap/index.html

SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- A body was found at the home of Layne Staley, lead singer and guitarist for the Seattle grunge band Alice in Chains.

The King County medical examiner's office scheduled an autopsy Saturday but investigator Jim Sosik could not immediately confirm the identity of the deceased late Friday night.

The Seattle Post-Intelligencer quoted unidentified law enforcement sources as saying the body was Staley's.

The person appeared to have been dead for several days, the P-I reported in Saturday editions.

Seattle Fire Department spokeswoman Sue Stangl told The Associated Press she could not confirm the identity of the deceased.

A Seattle police dispatch officer referred inquiries to the police media officer, who did not return repeated pages.

Like Nirvana and Soundgarden, Alice in Chains was a band prominent in the early '90s Seattle heyday of grunge rock.

The group's first album, "Facelift," was released in 1990 and the band quickly rose to prominence, following with albums including "Dirt" and "Alice in Chains".

In a 1996 interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Staley spoke of how his drug use influenced his lyrics.

"I wrote about drugs, and I didn't think I was being unsafe or careless by writing about them," he told the magazine. "Here's how my thinking pattern went: When I tried drugs, they were (expletive) great, and they worked for me for years, and now they're turning against me -- and now I'm walking through hell, and this sucks."

I heard it on the radio this morning in my car. Damn shame. Drugs took a lot of good musicians. Rooster, and Man In The Box are 2 of my favorites.

damn i cant beleive they are my favorite group too. everyone should by the album dirt and facelift by alice n chains. those two cd's rock every song on the albums are great melodic evil metal tunes. he will be missed

Heard a rumor a while back that he'd managed to get gangrene in one of his arms, and was refusing treatment.

very sad.

Top Bottom